Font size problem

Seidevall

Font size problem

Post by Seidevall »

I recently got back to mudding when I saw that mudlet was out of beta. Thing is I couldnt use any other fontsize than 16 or all the margins got screwed. But earlier this morning when I copied my profile to make use of it on another character all the margins are screwed in 16 but are flawless in 14. What in the world did I do?

Running Mudlet 1.0.3 on Ubuntu 9.10_64
Screenshot:
[img=http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/834/ ... tka.th.png]

Heiko
Site Admin

Re: Font size problem

Post by Heiko »

What margins are you talking about? Broken command line layout?

Anyways, the broken command line is an interesting one because you are using the old dockable windows that aren't supposed to be used anymore. Try using the new mini console inline console windows instead and report back please.

Seidevall

Post by Seidevall »

Heiko wrote:What margins are you talking about? Broken command line layout?

Anyways, the broken command line is an interesting one because you are using the old dockable windows that aren't supposed to be used anymore. Try using the new mini console inline console windows instead and report back please.
I'm only using a dockable window for my chatlog though right? :oops: I usually dont have three windows up like that it was just to display the font.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

What do you mean by "all the margins". I don't know what your MUD output is supposed to look like. You need to be more specific.
Are you using client side word wrap or are the lines wrapped by you MUD?
Using the venerable dockable windows is fine, but they haven't been tested in ages as everybody uses the on screen miniconsole windows or labels instead as they are more configurable e.g. you can set another font size for mini console, specify its size, positon on the screen and its own word wrap settings.

Seidevall

Post by Seidevall »

Heiko wrote:What do you mean by "all the margins". I don't know what your MUD output is supposed to look like. You need to be more specific.
Are you using client side word wrap or are the lines wrapped by you MUD?
Using the venerable dockable windows is fine, but they haven't been tested in ages as everybody uses the on screen miniconsole windows or labels instead as they are more configurable e.g. you can set another font size for mini console, specify its size, positon on the screen and its own word wrap settings.

Allright try two:

Profile 1:
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/9682/client1v.png

Profile 2:
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/5990/client2.png

Same character in the mud, same output, same settings. What's up?

Seidevall

Post by Seidevall »

My apologies, after several restarts it worked itself out :oops: I'm terribly sorry for wasting your time. :oops:

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Actually is it possible for it to happen, so if possible, do report it again when it happens + highlight the problem area.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

From looking at your last screenshots I can see that you are using some *very* old profiles from early versions of Mudlet. There have been some issues with wrongly initialized default values from antique profiles. If you experience any strange problems again, create a new profile in Mudlet and export your profile via the "save profile as" button and then import it in your new profile with the import button. Then set your default font color + background color by hand even if they look correct.

As a side note: You should only use the antialias option for fonts that support this feature. There are some versions of the courier font out there that do not support anti aliasing.

Seidevall

Post by Seidevall »

The profile was made 3-4 days ago, if it's *very* old we sure are living in an age of development :lol:

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Seidevall wrote:But earlier this morning when I copied my profile to make use of it on another character all the margins are screwed in 16 but are flawless in 14.
To make myself clear: It's all about when you *first* started to use Mudlet as the old profiles will never be deleted and can still be used, imported and exported. I can tell from your login screenshot that you must have used some old profile because of the white background color of the connection established messages. Today, the foreground and background colors are properly initialized by default and you get a red message on a black background. On very old profiles the background color of the connection message is undefined and will change randomly :)