To do that with confidence, I need to know where Mudlet stores the file(s) where all my stuff is persisted, and also how to load those the file(s) back into Mudlet when I want to use them elsewhere or revert to a previous version.
Either the Wiki page for Profiles and Packages is lacking, or I'm not looking in the right place for the documentation on this info:
So far, here's what I've tried:
Suppose I'm using a profiled named MyProfile.
The Wiki says:
When I save a profile via the Save Profile As button on the Script Editor, it creates a file named MyProfile.trigger in the directory that I specify.To export your entire profile e. g. to make a backup on a flash drive, use the "save profile as" button.
The Wiki says:
This doesn't seem particularly useful for my purpose - I want to back up everything. That said, note that it saves a some-filename.xml file wherever I specify.To export just one item, you can select it and hit the 'Export' button on top of the script editor.
From the Wiki:
This sounds closer to what I need, but still saving a Profile seems better (just wholesale save everything into a single file, assuming the answers to the above questions confirm that.To export many related items as one package, go to the Toolbox → Package Exporter (experimental).
When I do this, it saves a some-filename.mpackage file where I specify.
- Does the .trigger file contain everything I need to reload my entire profile (i.e. everything I've modified in all the tabs in my Script Editor), or are there other files needed? Part of the reason I ask is there are references to other files/folders in thie thread, but I can't find any real documentation around it: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4651&p=22080
- Is there a keyboard shortcut for saving the profile? I'd like to be able to define variables from the command line and have them saved permanently.
- Is there a function I can call to force the profile to be saved?
- Is it possible to somehow select this .trigger profile file from the Select a profile to connect with dialog (via Games > Play)?
- Is there a programmatic way to force my .trigger profile file to be saved, from within a script?
- What's the difference between opening the .mpackage file from the Script Editor's Import button and the Package Manager's Install button?
- What's the difference between a .trigger file and a .mpackage file with respect to loading/importing it? The difference seems to be primarily around how much is saved when the file is created.
Edit by administrator (SlySven): I've put a functional link back in - because I can; new users are restricted in insertion of URLs to prevent the rogue ones, who occasionally get through our testing process, spamming us senseless...