[LuaJIT crash] Tabbed chat + Mudlet Mapper = Crashing?

Caelic

[LuaJIT crash] Tabbed chat + Mudlet Mapper = Crashing?

Post by Caelic »

So.. As of today.. Whenever I have mudlet mapper in a small window, and I click a chat tab.. mudlet crashes...

Here is the tabbed chat I'm using.. slightly modified from someone elses.
Attachments
tchat.xml
(21.49 KiB) Downloaded 334 times

chris

Re: Tabbed chat + Mudlet Mapper = Crashing?

Post by chris »

Do you happen to have the capability to compile? I can't reproduce this.

Caelic

Post by Caelic »

I do not. I just have it happen literally everytime.. Its been happening since Vadi sent me a new lua51.dll

Nemutaur

Post by Nemutaur »

Hi there, i've been having the exact same problems. I should be using the newer lua51.dll that Vadi sent me. But whenever i install any version or kind of tabbed chat script mudlet will just crash on startup.

Almost as if there's an endless loop somewhere, if i revert back to the lua files were originally installed with mudlet it works no problem, the tabbed chat is there and works just fine.

Does anyone have any idea how i can circumvent this. Would a compile of the latest release candidate work? If yes i can figure out how to compile here.

Stats: Mudlet 2.0-test4 10-25-2011, Win7. Using the mudlet-mapper that was pre-installed and SVO.

Nemutaur

Post by Nemutaur »

\bump
Just wanted to know if someone figured this out by now.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Try using http://dl.dropbox.com/u/84880/svo/liblua.dll instead of the original lua51.dll - rename it to the same names (lua51.dll and liblua5.1.dll) and see if it works fine then.

Nemutaur

Post by Nemutaur »

Vadi wrote:Try using http://dl.dropbox.com/u/84880/svo/liblua.dll instead of the original lua51.dll - rename it to the same names (lua51.dll and liblua5.1.dll) and see if it works fine then.
Hi Vadi, i did that and it still crashes. Same as with your svo custom prompt fix.

EDIT: I just realized that it crashes mudlet. I no longer startup into my main character anymore so it might not be a problem with the tabbed chat itself but mudlet. But it's definately the custom fix that is not working for me.

chris

Post by chris »

i would say the best course is to follow the windows compile instructions and run it in debug mode so you have a trace of the error

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Okay, instructions @ http://svo.vadisystems.com/2012/01/cust ... appearing/ seem to be fine. This reverts to the original PUC vm. Looks like this crash on LuaJIT beta9 will need to be investigated before it can be used.