How to migrate settings

denniscjr

How to migrate settings

Post by denniscjr »

Hello everyone. I just recently downloaded and started using Mudlet. I was using CMUD before but I really refuse to pay for it and now my trial has ran out. Has anyone discovered a way to easily migrate the CMUD files into mudlet? I have also asked on the CMUD forums how to properly open the files so I could manually transfer them over if need be.

Vadi

Re: How to migrate settings

Post by Vadi »

There isn't unfortunately that I know of.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Re: How to migrate settings

Post by SlySven »

I vaguely remember using a third party utility to extract the data from a MSAccess type database which I think was a Zuggsoft map file but that was possibly a ZMud (and it was just the map IIRC) - but it might be worth seeing if you can find out the database format that CMud uses to determine whether you can extract the data from it - however apart from that information (e.g. your character's state and other GAME data) it will probably only be of marginal use in scripting anything in Mudlet as the systems are rather different - for instance the trigger "phrases" will probably have to be re-expressed to capture the same information but using a different form of symbols to represent those "phrases". There may be others around here who might be able to give general clues on rewriting such stuff - but as some one who has never touched ZMud or CMud I cannot offer anything apart from encouragement {in making the switch to a product that is still being developed - admittedly it has got a bit slow on the release front but stuff is being worked on - honest!}