Enabling and disabling folders

Annwyl

Enabling and disabling folders

Post by Annwyl »

I want to be able to go from lesserform to Dragonform in Achaea and trigger enabling and disabling the relevant trigger and alias folders, but I can't make it work.

I'm not a coder so my understanding is very limited. I just want something simple that doesn't requiring re-coding everything, which is what I think I would have to do if I use GMCP to check my race all the time.

I set up a trigger so that, on attaining Dragonform, this will happen:
disableTrigger("RunewardenTriggers")
disableAlias("RunewardenAliases")
enableTrigger("DragonTriggers")
enableAlias("DragonAliases")

When returning to lesserform, this will happen:
disableTrigger("DragonTriggers")
disableAlias("DragonAliases")
enableTrigger("RunewardenTriggers")
enableAlias("RunewardenAliases")

The folder names are correct. The commands look correct to me, as well. I don't understand why this doesn't work. Curiously, other people have tried it and find that it works very well for them. I'm glad about that but frustrated, too. I can lock and unlock the folders manually, but not with the code.

Now, Mudlet doesn't always behave properly for me when I do the exact same things that other players do. I can't post an ad, for example, with a list of items in it. So, it could be that enabling and disabling folders simply isn't possible for me.

I don't want to uninstall and reinstall Mudlet. The last time I did that, I had to re-create all my triggers and aliases because the new version wouldn't important the saved file.

Is there another way?

Silvine

Re: Enabling and disabling folders

Post by Silvine »

Are you sure its not working, mudlet doesn't update the icons with a padlock or anything when its done in code, but test a trigger or alias that's unique to the form you want to be in.
It looks like it should work fine.
Mapper of Bedlam

Annwyl

Post by Annwyl »

Thank you, Silvine! I'd expected the folders to be locked, but you're right, they're not and yet they act as though they are.

Thanks again.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

Could you raise that as a bug on Launchpad? I think I get where you are coming from but it would help to have it written down as something to check out - the (trigger) Editor is a big piece of code and I suspect we don't have code in place to update it in real-time as other things (Lua scripts/triggers/alias/timers/keys etc.) happen ... :oops:

Silvine

Post by Silvine »

Reported Bug #1484287

Thanks.
Mapper of Bedlam