flash drive?

iledor

flash drive?

Post by iledor »

I saw posts from about 3-5 years ago that mudlet was going to, at some point, allow for changing the profile path so that it could be run off either a public computer, a computer with no OS, etc. Has this feature been added yet, or is it still slated for inclusion? I can't use mudlet except from a flash drive, so I've been waaaaaiting? :)

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Re: flash drive?

Post by SlySven »

Depends on your environment - any decent public system ought to be locking down any inserted flash drive to prevent the ability to run executable code from there unless it is a complete OS-on-a-stick (I have one of those with a bootable knoppix system - though only one of my systems is capable of booting from that usb-stick) and then lock you out from access to any of the PC's internal hard drives... ;)

That NOT being the case you ought to be able to achieve what you want by modifying a suitable Linux "rescue" or other boot-and-run-from-a-stick distribution to add on the Qt libraries and other bits and pieces that the Mudlet application uses with a copy of Mudlet itself, just don't forget the stuff to work the host PC's networking card and the credentials to use the network (which might be harder to legitimately acquire)... :geek:

Nothing written here is intended to encourage the unauthorised use of Mudlet in an environment where it would not be permitted. :shock: