Is it possible to click text to copy it to input line?

Daza

Is it possible to click text to copy it to input line?

Post by Daza »

I'm new to Mudlet and somewhat of a newbie with Muds too. I am currently playing LOFJ mud.

I am wondering if there is a setting or possibly a script someone has made that will allow me to click on any text on the main window that will copy it to the input window/line? I am surprised this is not a normal built in feature. This would be handy for clicking on a long or weirdly spelt npc name (esp when you type it wrong) or object name, and have it placed in the input line where the cursor is currently. It would be just as handy as pressing the up arrow key to repeat last command.

demonnic

Re: Is it possible to click text to copy it to input line?

Post by demonnic »

The Mudlet command line will autocomplete using tab, so you can type the first few letters of something and hit tab to have Mudlet fill it in for you.

I don't believe anyone has added a "copy to command line" via a package yet but it could certainly be done using https://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Manual:Lua_Fu ... MouseEvent to add it to the right-click context menu. I think most people get by using normal copy and paste or the autocomplete though.