Achaea Runewarden S&B script help

Guilend

Achaea Runewarden S&B script help

Post by Guilend »

Greetings, I have moved from playing Avalon to playing achaea, I am a Runewarden, and some of their ability are complex, like one attack with a sword you can add a limb and/or venom in the syntax. Not sure how to do this, as I like to be able to use all of my abilities in combat, and not a fit pattern, so i can change tactics when i need to. Here are the syntax for the two abilities I have that i need help figuring out.
REND <target> [limb] [venom]
COMBINATION <target> <sword attack> [limb] [venom] <shield attack> [arguments]
now for the REND attack, there are several with the same syntax, but different name. I just want to be able to use the same alias on the one ability for the first one, to be able to quickly add a limb, (left leg, right leg, right arm, left arm), and to ENVENOM <weapon> WITH <venom> with a venom i want, without using a ton of alias for each limb and venom, not sure how to do this.
As for the combo, There are several i will eventually be able to do, and I can make separate aliases for each, but I still need a way to add the limb and venom without making a ton of aliases for each alias for my combos.
Thanks.

Jor'Mox

Re: Achaea Runewarden S&B script help

Post by Jor'Mox »

Given that each alias is essentially a script in its own right, there are a LOT of options available to you. So, for example, you could easily abbreviate the various limb options, using "ra" for "right arm", "ll" for "left leg" and so on, and have that be a single alias. The real question is what you want to happen, as essentially anything you can dream up is going to be possible, and once we know what it is that you want to do, we can help make that a reality.

Guilend

Post by Guilend »

Yeah, I will have get back to you as I can't even begin to know how I want it done, since I have no idea what can be done, or the many ways, heck even a few ways it can be done. Normally i see what others use and then some times I can gain ideas from that, but I haven't been able to find out how others deal with this, or something similar, I haven't been able to come up with anything, was hoping for some ideas, at least.

I do use something like what you mentioned for my shield attack, smash, i can smash without an argument, or I can use "h" to smash high, "l" to smash low and "m" to smash meddle, or torso as they call it. just not sure how I want to be able to add the venom on the sword attacks and the limb to target.

Maybe something like RD "ll" "ven" to select rend left leg and an abbreviation of the venom, to choose everything, and for the combo just add the "h" "l" or "m", I will just have to learn to type it all out faster lol

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

It certainly does seem as if there are a lot of things you would need to type out to use the full range of options for these commands. But, there are alternatives to putting all of that into the alias in such a way that you have to type things out each and every time, or even make a choice every time. For example, you have 4 different limb options, and let's suppose you have 6 different venom types to choose from, keeping track of everything could get pretty tricky if it had to be in your head. But you could set up keybindings that would be used to select the limb to target and the venom to use, and your aliases would then use the values set with those keybindings. Alternatively, you could make the code choose for you, selecting a limb to target and a venom to use either at random or in some sort of pattern, and if necessary using triggers to detect when certain choices should be excluded (if for example you have run out of a certain venom, or one limb is protected or disabled and so shouldn't or can't be targeted).

The first system would be a bit more complex to manage, but would likely be easier than relying on faster typing speed to enter all the necessary options each time you wanted to use the command, and it would let you intelligently choose what to do based on what is going on in combat, at the cost of potentially being more predictable. The second system could be very hard for someone to predict, and it would be faster and easier to manage than the first system, but it would suffer from not being able to exploit the situation optimally.

Guilend

Post by Guilend »

Yeah, there are diffidently pros and cons to it all, and as much as I like being able to exploit things in situations, I know from experience, that being random is better then having to type a bunch of options and then missing the timing, and so I do like the last suggestion the best. As it has the best end result then the rest, since as you said, then first of your two suggestions can be predictable, and so it would only allow me to fight some people that can range from worst to decent, but it would make fighting someone of a higher combat tier a lot harder.

Thad being said, it seems to gather all the info I need for the last suggestion will take a lot of doing, from what venoms I want it to go through, to the different text i will need for the triggers, but it does seem to me that it's the best way to go.