Gagging

Post by Zenock »

Ok I have a question...

From the Mud I get 4 lines...

Line1
Line2
Line3
Line4

Line1 can appear indepedently of the other 3 lines. When it does I want it to be shown. However when it appears with the other 3 lines, I want all 4 lines to be gagged. I have tried many different methods to do this but none of them seem to work quite right. This has to be something other people have run into so I would appreciate ideas on how to make this happen.

Also is there a way to open a profile to work on scripting etc without actually connecting to the mud?

Thanks,
Z

Heiko
Site Admin

Re: Gagging

Post by Heiko »

This can easily be done with a single multi state trigger. Make a multiline AND trigger, set the line delta appropriately and then put those 4 lines as 4 seperate patterns in the correct order. The trigger will fire and run the script when all 4 conditions are true. Then you simply gag the 4 lines (-> moveCursor() and deleteLine())

Omni

Post by Omni »

Zenock wrote:Ok I have a question...
Also is there a way to open a profile to work on scripting etc without actually connecting to the mud?

Thanks,
Z
Simply leave the connection info empty for the profile.

Zenock

Post by Zenock »

Thank you Omni

Z.

Zenock

Post by Zenock »

Just notice I forgot to say thank you to Heiko. Thanks!!

Nihil

Post by Nihil »

Hello everyone!

I am having some trouble understanding how to use the deleteLine() function.

Let me explain the situation, it is quite simple. I wear a watch in my game that chimes at 10 seconds to every minuet, I want to gag that watch so it stops annoying me. I would also like to use this same trigger to gag future unwanted text from the mud if that is at all possible.

the syntax that I receive is:
Your watch chimes, 10 seconds till the minute!
A possible second string would be:
for help or commands, type: help
I am really looking for a step by step/click by click tutorial on gaging this text. I have read the manual and reviewed many posts on many sites and I am still confused. :| Please, can someone help me understand this?

Thanks in advance!

-Nihil
Attachments
trying to make the trigger without success
trying to make the trigger without success
in client with desired text to gag
in client with desired text to gag

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Just replace the whole script with: deleteLine()

Nihil

Post by Nihil »

Thank you so much! :mrgreen: I cant tell you how long I have been working on that. I was completely baffled as to how something so strait forward could be so complex. I feel like a true idiot now. although, you have to admit that the example in the manual isn't exactly clear.

-Nihil