Howto: Compile Mudlet on Ubuntu

Lucky24

Re: Howto: Compile Mudlet on Ubuntu

Post by Lucky24 »

I get an "Error 403 - Snapshots not allowed", when I try to download the Mudlet Source in Step 2...

Edit: Oh, found the correct link in the Stickied thread: http://forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=474

Sanaki

Post by Sanaki »

Lucky24 wrote:I get an "Error 403 - Snapshots not allowed", when I try to download the Mudlet Source in Step 2...

Edit: Oh, found the correct link in the Stickied thread: http://forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=474
Did you? I just checked it and I can't find any working link for a snapshot anywhere I look. Either I'm missing something here or it's excessively borked.

Rakon

Post by Rakon »

IF you already have git installed, and have a mudlet git directory setup; just brows to the root folder and do

Code: Select all

git pull git://mudlet.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/mudlet/mudlet master
This should pull the most recent source, updating your local copy.

If you do not have a mudlet/git initialized directory, you should be able to do a

Code: Select all

git clone git://mudlet.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/mudlet/mudlet
and accomplish the same.

Sanaki

Post by Sanaki »

Never used git. I've just been using that link to directly download the tar.gz. Didn't see any reason to complicate matters when that method worked perfectly already.

EDIT: Meant to say thanks, I'm installing git, appreciate the help.

Lucky24

Post by Lucky24 »

Ok, I did all the above, but still couldn't compile until I added dependencies hunspell, libhunspell-1.2-0, and libhunspell-dev. I also copied the hunspell souce folder into the /mudlet/src folder, though I'm not sure if this is necessary...

Edit: Also, the qmake folder seems to have moved in the QtSDK. It was in the QtSDK/Desktop/Qt/474/gcc/lib folder for me.

Edit 2: Oh, and if you're having weird problems, run "make distclean" before trying to recompile.

Edit 3: And, for some reason executing the compiled mudlet file from the file browser window causes mudelt to be unable to find some required lua files. I have to exec it with ./mudlet from a terminal window for it to work properly..

Daagar

Post by Daagar »

Note: After upgrading to Ubuntu 11.10, I had to create a soft link to liblua to allow the compile to work.

ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/liblua5.1.so /usr/local/lib/liblua.so

Adjust "x86_64-linux-gnu" as appropriate for your system (this is based on a 64bit version of ubuntu).

kevutian

Post by kevutian »

Confirmed working with "Statler."