Export/import a profile that contains all settings?

CurryMUD

Export/import a profile that contains all settings?

Post by CurryMUD »

Is it possible to export/import a profile that contains all settings, including those settings that are found in the preferences window? I'd like to export/import a profile such that it will appear automatically in the "Select a profile to connect with" window when the user clicks Games -> Play.
Thanks!

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Re: Export/import a profile that contains all settings?

Post by SlySven »

Not currently, it is something that ought to go onto the "wishlist" IMHO, but the predefined MUDs are currently hard-coded into the application (which also means it is not currently possible to "delete" them IIRC). Fair enough I recently changed one of them because the original MUD closed down (Midkemia-Online) so by inspection the coding is not too difficult.

I have thoughts of moving all the profile specific settings to an .INI format file (instead of all the individual elements) stored in the profile's "home" directory and if we got to that it ought to be possible to have an "additional" directory under the main "mudlet" one that could parse draft/prototype .INI files there and populate the File-System and the "Connection Preferences" dialog as appropriate... :geek:

CurryMUD

Re: Export/import a profile that contains all settings?

Post by CurryMUD »

Ok!
Thanks for always replying to my questions SlySven. :)