Feature Request: Smooth Scrolling

Jules

Feature Request: Smooth Scrolling

Post by Jules »

If there's one thing that I would like more than anything else is SMOOTH SCROLLING!!! I want to be able to use my mouse wheel to scroll up through information that I was just bombarded with, and not have to use the side bar to slowly and inaccurately find what I want.

I can haz smuth skrolng plz?

Heiko
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request: Smooth Scrolling

Post by Heiko »

What version are you using? The current version is beta-15. On Linux you can compile the latest git version which has a few more features & fixes. We are very close to our first stable version now which will be out in a couple of weeks if everythings goes as expected.

You can already use the mouse wheel to scroll back through the text buffer. As soon as you scroll up the screen will split in two parts and you can resize the 2 screens. Pressing the wheel button will close the split screen.
Another way to scroll up more conveniently is the page up and page down keys that scroll 1 page at a time.

The current default is that one mouse wheel tick scrolls 10 or so lines because 1 line wouldn't be convenient for most people as you'd have to turn the wheel too much given the huge amount of text that arrives per minute (100.000 lines in a few minutes in heavy group combat is quite common in certain MUDs). However, we can make the scrolling per wheel tick a user option in the preferences dialog.

Jules

Re: Feature Request: Smooth Scrolling

Post by Jules »

That would be great, because when I try to scroll up, the screen splits, like you say, but the top is black, like it scrolls up to the very top of the text... Which can be very annoying! Something to either fix that, or to set how many lines per tick of the wheel would be wonderful!