Win10 / Qt 5.4.2 Build

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Re: Win10 / Qt 5.4.2 Build

Post by SlySven »

Erm, that's my point! The user does not HAVE to "agree" to the GPL to INSTALL or USE Mudlet and requiring them to do so is fundamentally contradictory to the spirit of it... the button to proceed should just say something like "next..." and the screen that shows the licence must NOT require them to scroll down to the bottom just to enable that button. 8-)

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I know they don't have to, but if they want to do the other stuff in the license that requires accepting it, it's easiest to just clear that through at the installation time.

Nyyrazzilyss

Post by Nyyrazzilyss »

Question regarding the release folder getting built:

It's leaving behind a ton of .cpp and .o files. Is it OK to remove all of them?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Yes, they're not needed for running the program.

Nyyrazzilyss

Post by Nyyrazzilyss »

OK think I found the problem, 'rex_pcre.dll' was missing. I'll build a new virtualbox, and recheck all lua files as being copied over properly/ rebuild a branch_30 compile.

(edit)

rex_pcre.dll wasn't present anywhere on that computer - I'd guess when I cut/paste the lua install commands, I never pressed enter a 2nd time (pcre was the final command) and that rock never got installed.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

OK. So to confirm, instructions are OK?

Nyyrazzilyss

Post by Nyyrazzilyss »

Vadi wrote:OK. So to confirm, instructions are OK?
They should be, yes. That cut/paste of a group of commands into msys doesn't send a enter on the final command (it just leaves the command at the prompt) would be user error on my part for not noticing. I'm trying to build branch_30 again right now on a new computer image.

Nyyrazzilyss

Post by Nyyrazzilyss »

Took a couple hours, but I rebuilt everything on a clean 5.6 install/compile, and found where in my script it's crashing - It's when it attempts to make a sqlite select. I'll hopefully have time this weekend to track down how that's crashing it now.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Could you paste a query that I could use to test as well? I'd like to make the snapshot build tomorrow, if there aren't major blockers.

Nyyrazzilyss

Post by Nyyrazzilyss »

Easiest way to test right now would probably be the same way i'm seeing the error occur (from my script package). I will build a smaller 3-4 line script that just opens and attempts a select on a database.

In the meantime: create a profile for torilmud.com 9999, connect to mud (no need to login or create a character), install this package: https://github.com/Nyyrazzilyss/NyyLIB/ ... 010dev.zip, then restart mudlet - As soon as you attempt connecting to that profile again, mudlet should crash.

(edit)

In my script, for example, the sql database is toril.db.2015_10_10

env = assert (luasql.sqlite3()) - works properly, creating the sql environment
conn = assert(env:connect(pathto toril.db.2015_10_10) ) - works properly, opens sql database

recs = assert(conn:execute([[SELECT item_name, short_stats FROM items WHERE item_type = 'potion']]))

This line (executing the select against the database) crashes.