Win10 / Qt 5.4.2 Build

Nyyrazzilyss

Re: Win10 / Qt 5.4.2 Build

Post by Nyyrazzilyss »

Vadi wrote: If anyone could try the instructions out themselves to confirm that they work, that'd be great.
I followed those instructions, and completed a compile/build on a vanilla win10 system.

Moving through them, you hadn't included notepad++ as being needed. I had to download it to edit the one makefile (notepad can't do it).

You also hadn't included the audio/mediaservice/platforms plugins, that'll cause it to crash as soon as you try running on a windows system that doesn't have Qt also installed on it (and present in path) - Not to mention no sound.

I added both the above to the wiki.

Starting/running the compiled version did run successfully, however, after restarting + trying to connect with my package installed it immediately crashes (no error message).

I pulled a copy of release_30-enhancement_moveTAreaRoomsToQSet_updated (the same one i'd compiled previously), and adjusted it for 5.6 . I successfully built that, and it didn't error when I loaded my package into it - The crash then would be coming about from something introduced in the past couple months. I'll try compiling more commits until I find the one that breaks it.

The inital black mudlet windows shows/ nothing is echoed to it/ it just crashes.

The package that crashes the newly compiled mudlet is located at https://github.com/Nyyrazzilyss/NyyLIB/ ... 010dev.zip

Does mudlet store a log file that I can see why it crashed?
Last edited by Nyyrazzilyss on Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nyyrazzilyss

Post by Nyyrazzilyss »

Obviously not really related to compile instructions, however, I built mudlet release_30 again (using 5.6) including PR# 319 - That fixed it. I'll wait until that merges.

The odd thing is I don't use autologin.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Thanks for the updates, those folders were indeed necessary.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I've created an installer with the build posted in the thread - give it a try. It's not yet signed, so you'll get the orange warning - I'm working on that.

Nyyrazzilyss

Post by Nyyrazzilyss »

I ran the installer, and other then being unsigned didn't appear to have any issues. I will try it again on a new vanilla virtualbox either later tonight or tomorrow. BTW - that build was made against branch_30 a day or two before pr308 merged - It's likely missing any changes that might have happened in the final day or two.

Thanks though! Looking really really close to another official release (not to mention compiling much easier now)

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Great, thanks for testing.

Nyyrazzilyss

Post by Nyyrazzilyss »

I just installed+ran the installer based mudlet on a vanilla (i.e. fresh install) win 10 virtual box.

It installed with no errors, and ran properly. I also installed my script package, and everything worked properly (including sound).

The only thing I saw missing though was the installation didn't create an icon on the desktop.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Right, I'll add an option for that. Thanks for testing!

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

We are using the NSIS Installer system for Windows aren't we?

If I remember correctly that has a tendency to require the user to "Accept" a licence agreement to install and use the software. However the Mudlet binary code is released under the GPL 3.0+ licence and that explicitly does NOT demand/require any agreement to be made to USE the software (only to copy and distribute it to OTHERS). So: demanding even a Checkbox or a Button to be pressed to record user agreement to the Licence to allow installation would get right up Richard M Stallman's nasal cavity IMHO!

Mind you I may be barking up the wrong tree here anyhow. :-P

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

InstallBuilder, and yes you need to agree to a license. Doing it at installation time is the easiest...