Chat opinion?

Nyyrazzilyss

Chat opinion?

Post by Nyyrazzilyss »

This isn't intended for current version consideration. Future maybe, but not right now. It's much more important to get another release posted :)

There was a comment on gitter a few months back about intermud communication/irc.

Something that popped up for me the other day: I'm using demonnics chat code, and have a very good multi channel chat history happening. I took a look at some other mudlet scripts just to get an idea about what i'm missing that perhaps I should implement. Something i'd noticed was his chat script was in use with more then a few of them.

I have logged into the irc client a couple times, though not often.

How about something that bridges with the irc client, so it would be possible to add a 'Mudlet' channel into his script?

Thinking about it, probably 3 lua commands and 1 event would be needed.

1) a command to start/stop irc
2) something to change your nick
3) a command to send a message to that channel
4) an event called anytime a message is received

Thoughts?

Vadi

Re: Chat opinion?

Post by Vadi »

I think just expanding functionality of the built-in IRC already would be a good direction.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

Including the ability to CLOSE the connection - which is currently absent! :shock:

@Vadim BTW AC modernised the IRC library from the LibIrcClient-Qt version 0.5.0 still in the release_30 branch to a version 1.2.1 {dated 2012/12/03} form (renamed to Communi) now in the development branch.

As of 2015/07/19 the library is at 3.4.0. Importantly though, it did change licence from the GPL 2 (or later) in 3.1.1 {2014/05/14} (which we can just drop it into our code) whereas the 3-Clause BSD license that is used for the latest means we'd have to include the licence for that in an additional "About Mudlet" dialog tab. Mind you - I have a suspicion we ought to be doing that ALREADY for the Lua sub-system as its licence is an MIT licence and NOT under the GPLed either... :o

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

We should update the licenses text for certain.