Are the directions for compiling with win 7 still valid?

DevArrah

Are the directions for compiling with win 7 still valid?

Post by DevArrah »

Hi All,

Are chris' dirs for compiling still working with win 8? Has anyone tried it in recent times? I'm in the middle of downloading QT and VS and ready to give this thing a go.

-Dev

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Re: Are the directions for compiling with win 7 still valid?

Post by SlySven »

Shouldn't that be Win 10 now? :)

Also, IIRC those instructions build a Win32 application - I do not know if anyone has been able to build a Win64, the awkward point there will be getting a (FOSS - mingw-w64 NOT MSVC) 64-bit Windows Qt libs/IDE built - there is some useful stuff here, but I found working out what I needed a bit confusing so went back to my comfortable *nix environment and avoided working out whether I needed SJLP or Dwarf exception handling and such-like... :?

If anyone does come up with an {moderately informed person's} guide to putting together a Win64 Qt build system I for one would appreciate it - if only to help with working out some of the 'Doze specific bugs... :oops:

DevArrah

Post by DevArrah »

So I followed the directions, and I got most of it to compile. I needed to do a couple things thing though which I'll document this weekend :)

Though I was unable to get LuaRocks to install LuaZip. It gives me the following error:
Could not find expected file zzip.h, or zzip.h for ZZIP -- you may have to install ZZIP in your system and/or pass ZZIP_DIR or ZZIP_INCDIR to the luarocks command. Example: luarocks install luazip ZZIP_DIR=/usr/local

and i haven't really ran the .exe through the paces so I'm not sure if everything was linked correctly. The exe firs up with a bunch of lua errors but I hadn't built the LuaRocks stuff nor copied the mudlet lua files over.

will report more this weekend.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

Ah, the Lua subsystem might throw you a few wobbles even after getting the application compiled! Watch for [ ERROR ] messages on the main (Mudlet) screen/console when you start up a profile - more recent versions may be a bit more informative about which Lua libraries are missing or what the effects of not having them will be, when this happens...

EDIT: And you'll need the LFS (Lua File System) library in place to load up the mudlet-lua (and it's Geyser subdirectory) stuff.