Mudlet 3.0.0-delta (preview #4)

azure_glass

Re: Mudlet 3.0.0-delta (preview #4)

Post by azure_glass »

When 3.0 ?
English is not my native language. If you don't understand what im writing ask. :)
Ubuntu 17.04, Mudlet 3.1

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

I have to say it looks like the Aetolia mapper is barfing on something rather than Mudlet itself seeming to be at fault:
(mapper): Oops! Has a small problem ([string "--mmp_mapping_newroom..."]:176: attempt to index
field 'envids' (a nil value)).
It looks like the envid field is not set up - whatever that is... and variables that have not been initialised in Lua will have a "nil" value. Perhaps you don't have all the bits that make up that mapper or you need to run some sort of initialisation step first?

daviewart

Post by daviewart »

I honestly wish I knew. I was hoping Vadi would spot this and know as I am at a loss and no one can figure it out.

SlySven

Post by SlySven »

Ah, are you Riluo on Aetolia?

daviewart

Post by daviewart »

Yes I am... now I am worried heh!

I put the script through notepad ++ and realigned something's, downloaded 3.0.0 again and one of the two things fixed it. However the map likes to vanish at random?? This appears to be corrected when I reload the map again.

SlySven

Post by SlySven »

It does rather look as if you might need to bend Vadim's ear on this as it looks as though it is a map script rather than a Mudlet issue - and it seems he has something to do with it... I'm just wrangling the C++ code in the Mudlet application itself. :(

daviewart

Post by daviewart »

I agree, he is just hard to pin down.

EulersIdentity

Post by EulersIdentity »

I found that using the search bar for the buffer would crash if the next button (up and down arrows) were used too quickly. It was only intermittent and is only intentionally reproducible if I spam the buttons for a while until it crashes.

Also, has anyone found a work-around for the no-sound-alerts-in-windows-7 problem?

SlySven

Post by SlySven »

Re: no-sound-alerts-in-windows-7 - it's an upstream Qt issue I believe...

EulersIdentity

Post by EulersIdentity »

Something that might have been related to my previous searching crashes: I've had a few times recently where I was selecting large amounts of text in the buffer and Mudlet crashed. It always happened when the buffer was scrolling quickly. I only mention this because the find next buttons also scroll the buffer quickly. I think that for some reason my Mudlet crashes due to over-aggressive scrolling.