Mudlet 3.0.0-delta (preview #4)

Gilmo

Re: Mudlet 3.0.0-delta (preview #4)

Post by Gilmo »

That would be very appreciated. Those would act like sysWindowMouse* events for the whole window? The real problem for me right now is that those events don't rise outside the borders, which is where I think they could be useful

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

No they'd only work within the confines of the relevant window/console - after all clicks out side that belong to a different widget...

genek

Post by genek »

Hi, I have completely no sounds after installing this version insted of 2.1. Why? All paths are correct... qt5? I have windows 7 and vista on 2nd computer.

Gilmo

Post by Gilmo »

I'm not sure then, it might be good, but the move event sounds spammy to me. Thank you for your work

Sanaki

Post by Sanaki »

The time measurements for system latency, network latency, and map render time are rounding to the nearest centisecond rather than displaying in milliseconds. I don't believe this was the case before my upgrade from the original 3.0.

SlySven

Post by SlySven »

@Sanaki : The code around lines 1145-1154 of TConsole.cpp which displays the first two of those values have not been changed since Heiko was code munging (i.e. for quite some time ;) ) and the code in place is set to be showing 3 decimal places - assuming the text all fits into the space... I don't think anything will have been clobbering the render-time display either. I don't suppose there is something like Qt Settings that might be overriding things?

@genek : There are some known upstream issues with Qt5 and sound on some 'Doze setups, the mingw build platform is not properly supported by the Qt5 libraries and just doesn't work - see bug report 1412713

Sanaki

Post by Sanaki »

The issue actually remedied itself in the last restart. I'm not entirely sure what would have caused that. The issue wasn't the third decimal missing though, it was displaying system latency for instance as 0.000 or 0.010 only, with no middleground. Map latency meanwhile was always 0ms or 10ms.

SlySven

Post by SlySven »

Ah, on some platforms the QTime/QTimer(?) used to track that can more than one different "precision" depending on the platform and how it is set up, it might be that we should switch to the QElapsedTimer which has sub-microsecond resolution (which is what I'm switching to for debugging stuff) whereas the QTime/QTimer we have used can have a granularity of only a fraction of a second - it may be that in your specific case the resolution was only around 10ms anyhow!

ktiedt

Post by ktiedt »

any further news on this release?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Everyone was super busy, but we did crack a major and annoying issue preventing 3.0's use on OSX. This is the list of outstanding issues left to go: http://goo.gl/YrT40J