Errors when starting Mudlet

Sivan

Errors when starting Mudlet

Post by Sivan »

I am getting the below errors and noticed that it asks to report it. Below is the errors I am seeing. If someone can help me with reducing all or some of the errors that would be appreciated. Mudlet is installed on Linux Mint Debian Edition with update 7.

Thanks

[ OK ] - Lua module rex_pcre loaded
[ ERROR ] cannot find Lua module zipLua error:[string "require "zip""]:1: module 'zip' not found:
no field package.preload['zip']
no file './zip.lua'
no file '/usr/local/share/lua/5.1/zip.lua'
no file '/usr/local/share/lua/5.1/zip/init.lua'
no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/zip.lua'
no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/zip/init.lua'
no file '/usr/share/lua/5.1/zip.lua'
no file '/usr/share/lua/5.1/zip/init.lua'
no file './zip.so'
no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/zip.so'
no file '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/lua/5.1/zip.so'
no file '/usr/lib/lua/5.1/zip.so'
no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/loadall.so'
[ ERROR ] cannot find Lua module lfs (Lua File System).Lua error:[string "require "zip""]:1: module
'zip' not found:
no field package.preload['zip']
no file './zip.lua'
no file '/usr/local/share/lua/5.1/zip.lua'
no file '/usr/local/share/lua/5.1/zip/init.lua'
no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/zip.lua'
no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/zip/init.lua'
no file '/usr/share/lua/5.1/zip.lua'
no file '/usr/share/lua/5.1/zip/init.lua'
no file './zip.so'
no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/zip.so'
no file '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/lua/5.1/zip.so'
no file '/usr/lib/lua/5.1/zip.so'
no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/loadall.so'
[ OK ] - Lua module sqlite3 loaded
[ ERROR ] - LuaGlobal.lua compile error - please report!cannot open mudlet-lua/lua/LuaGlobal.lua:
No such file or directory

Vadi

Re: Errors when starting Mudlet

Post by Vadi »

You need to install a package called something like "lua zip" - Mudlet requries it to work.

Sivan

Post by Sivan »

Vadi wrote:You need to install a package called something like "lua zip" - Mudlet requries it to work.
Thanks. I've gotten all but one error resolved. Do you know how to get the below one fixed?

[ ERROR ] - LuaGlobal.lua compile error - please report!cannot open mudlet-lua/lua/LuaGlobal.lua:
No such file or directory

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

You aren't running Mudlet properly, or Mudlet is not setup properly and it cannot find the starting LuaGlobal.lua file.

Sivan

Post by Sivan »

Vadi wrote:You aren't running Mudlet properly, or Mudlet is not setup properly and it cannot find the starting LuaGlobal.lua file.
The file is there. When I start mudlet from the 'mudlet-2.1/bin/' from the command line it does not come up with the error. When I use the menu entry pointing to the same directory and file 'mudlet-2.1/bin/mudlet' I get the error.

What's the right way to start mudlet? I downloaded and installed the new Linux package. It installed successfully so I am not sure how it could not be set up right.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

If you're using the generic linux installer, then you need to either use 'Mudlet' file with its icon, or the run-mudlet.sh file. You do not need to go inside bin/ and run anything there.

Sivan

Post by Sivan »

Vadi wrote:If you're using the generic linux installer, then you need to either use 'Mudlet' file with its icon, or the run-mudlet.sh file. You do not need to go inside bin/ and run anything there.
Thanks for the reply. I don't see a Mudlet file with an icon and run-mudlet.sh is in the /bin directory so I do not see how to run that without being in the /bin directory. When I try and run it from there I get a GLIBC error.

I'm mainly asking these questions as I thought this should run without the error messages at startup. It does not appear to hurt anything though. But I did want to resolve the errors.

Belgarath
Discord: macjabeth#7149

Post by Belgarath »

Have you tried removing the copy of libc it has inside the mudlet directory?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I'm not certain about the libc part. If deleting it like morgoth suggested doesn't work, I'd be out of ideas - you might be running on an older libc version than Mudlet was compiled on.