Idea: clickthrough property in a label

chris

Re: Idea: clickthrough property in a label

Post by chris »

Yeah that's all you need to do. Just accept or reject it.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

SlySven wrote:Am I correct in thinking Qt would do this by having the Label's OnClick event handler either "accept"ing the event to handle it or "reject"ing it to pass it on through to the underlying mapper widget? Would the Z-ordering be OK if labels are all drawn after the rooms/exits/custom-lines or is it more magical than that? Is this only intended for the 2D mapper or do we eventually envisage adding label and other functionality to the 3D one?
1. We're not talking map labels here, but the general GUI labels ppl can use to make on screen buttons etc..
2. I don't think that this feature is necessary because you can already script such behaviour.
3. The 3D map view is simply a visualization kit for complex dungeons. It's impractical to use it in actual gameplay and I've finally arrived at the conclusion that it's impossible to make it such that it's actually useful no matter how much effort is put into such an undertaking because people have very limited screen space for a mapper widget and need a clear cut, plain and simple map view more than anything else.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Scripting this would be a lot more work compared to enabling it in Mudlet. It's impractical to do for many reasons.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

I expressed myself badly. I was referring to the mapper informational overlay idea using labels as you can turn off the mapper info and put your labels above the mapper widget. Overlays wouldn't be possible but the question is if this is a good idea in the first place (known problems on OSX to put widgets on top of the OpenGL widget).

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

That was just one example I've had. I'd find stacking labels themselves and allowing the right label underneath to be clickable to be quite a useful feature.