Feature Request - show line number

Rakon

Re: Feature Request - show line number

Post by Rakon »

Iocun wrote:I see no issues with large scripts in Mudlet itself. Mudlet may not offer all the functionalities of a dedicated script editor, but it works well enough for my purposes, and I find it more comfortable to have everything in one place than having to toggle to other programs/files to edit some of my scripts. The core script of my curing system has well over 500 lines.
All of my scripts (with the exception of a few widely used modules) are all in Mudlet. Main curing etc, is reaching well over 1k lines ('Im an inefficient coder) and I don't have an issue. What I do though, is copy the entire script/one function that I need to edit, paste into SciTe and edit/find/goto/replace it there. Then just paste back into Mudlet.

DevArrah

Post by DevArrah »

Still though. It would be great if line numbers were moved somewhere more germane. I had to cut'n'paste to a separate editor everytime I had an error because i never realized the line number display was tucked away in the far left corner.

It would be more intuitive to have it inline and below (preferably) or above the text area for script development. This would be a major boon for me when I'm editing complex scripts.

tsuujin

Post by tsuujin »

I go back and forth on this subject in my mind a lot, but in the end I keep my scripts separate from Mudlet so that I can easily load them into multiple different profiles without worrying about importing, or having something be outdated on one profile without knowing it.

I abstract everything in my code, and then use Mudlet's script window to define profile variables that are loaded into the system.