[Feature Request] Log File Names

SomeDude

[Feature Request] Log File Names

Post by SomeDude »

Mudlet log files are currently names via the template "DD-MM-YYYY#HH-MM-SS.txt". This is a rather awful name when it comes to, e.g., trying to sort through logs chronologically.

So, two possible requests:

1) Change reverse the order of the date in the filename so that the most significant bit of info (the year) is the beginning of the filename, i.e. "YYYY-MM-DD#HH-MM-SS.txt".

2) Add an option to configure the file names by predefining the filename template. So I could, in theory, have one large monolithic file per month called "YYYY-MM.txt", or I could specify the above file name with the year first in the date, or whatever is most useful to me.

Cheers.

Also, I recall an addition to logging that implemented a sort of auto-logging by remembering the logging state between sessions. I just noticed today that this is no longer happening, and I'm unsure if it was after my last build of Mudlet or not (hence why I was looking up logs and ran into the nightmare of sorting through largely unhelpful filenames). If this was removed, would it be possible to have it added back in? If it wasn't, is there some setting somewhere I accidentally switched that is making it not save logging state between sessions?

Vadi

Re: [Feature Request] Log File Names

Post by Vadi »

Logging persistence wasn't removed and doesn't need to be enabled, it just stays (the folder logging button).