yajl 2.0

eewallace

yajl 2.0

Post by eewallace »

I run mudlet on Arch Linux, where the yajl version in the repositories recently moved to 2.0. Trying to run mudlet after an update, I got a couple errors complaining about undefined symbols in yajl.so, specifically yajl_gen_alloc2 and yajl_parse_complete. On further inspection it appears that these functions are no longer defined in yajl 2.0. I think yajl_parse_complete was just renamed to yajl_complete_parse, while yajl_gen_alloc2 was removed, with the equivalent functionality provided elsewhere.
Reverting to the older yajl takes care of the problem, so it's not really a pressing issue. I'm mainly just curious whether there are plans to move to the newer version any time in the near future. I have no idea how soon it's likely to become an issue with more mainstream Linux distros.
I'd offer to try to come up with a patch for it myself, but my C skills are extremely limited and quite rusty to boot, and I don't really have the time for the learning experience at the moment.

Vadi

Re: yajl 2.0

Post by Vadi »

wasn't aware of it, will take a look

Darmir

Post by Darmir »

Vadi wrote:wasn't aware of it, will take a look
Is this happening?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

We include some version of yajl now in the sources, I think for windows at least.

Darmir

Post by Darmir »

Yes the older version 1.0.8 is in the makefile, but I think the developer fixed some issues with the functions and placements of the files.