profile load failure.

kakku

profile load failure.

Post by kakku »

ok so i opened Mudlet, connected with the last profile i was on yesterday evening and it just did NOT load everything. :(
i'm 100% sure i saved the profile when i quit mudlet last time i used it.
but now i only have part of the triggers. all alias's, scripts, keys are missing!!
everytime this happens it freaks me out, like maybe i lost all my stuff i worked on..

so wtf is going on?

when i open the profile history .xml i used last it looks still intact as all seems to be in there..
so i looked up the last trigger that did show up. though it showed up half.
seems to me the following perl regex throws an error:
\*\* This weave of the Wheel ends in (.*) minute(.*)...$
... :shock: that does look weird!
when i made this trigger i just copy pasted it from the mud. most definitely i copied a little bit too much, but when i pasted it in the trigger, it didn't show that to me..

After i changed this regex and saved the xml i was able to just load the profile just fine.

So, my problem solved? yeah, i will check twice what i copy/paste from now on.

but srsly i think this needs to be looked in to a bit.
IMO it shouldn't be expected of normal users to go into the xml file and fix these things..

Vadi

Re: profile load failure.

Post by Vadi »

Who said it's expected for normal users to go and fix these things? You should be happy you were able to fix it :)

kakku

Post by kakku »

i bet there were ppl who had the same issue and were not able to fix it. hadn't i copy pasted it in here i wouldn't have seen the odd thingy that was stuck in the regex.

rolly

Post by rolly »

I have the same issues from time to time. Usually when I script without being connected but not always. I do save the profile when I leave. Next time I l start a session, it reloads an earlier profile and poof, I lost the profile have I just made. Could it be I had an error in my script when I left? I thought it might be because of the very many old profiles I have on that list. If so, is there a way to get rid of old profiles? I only need like the last 10 or so...