A few bugs/request/oversights/etc.

Omni

A few bugs/request/oversights/etc.

Post by Omni »

Firstly, a bug with the logger. I mentioned it in another thread. When using the built in logger after the latest change it will stop logging without any indication where it stopped and you'll only notice when you go to check on the log. In two different logs on different days in logs using the inbuilt logger several minutes of the logs have been cut out, easily noticed by the timestamps.
Second, this was noticed by someone else some time back. User made functions inside saved tables are not initialized on restart even if the table is properly loaded. The user has to go into their scripts and manually reinitialize them.
While browsing old threads on here I came across several planned changes that were forgotten about that I honestly believe should be brought back up. Will add more as I find them and when I can.
Last edited by Omni on Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vadi

Re: A few bugs/request/oversights/etc.

Post by Vadi »

table.save/table.load only serialize data, not functions as well. One should install Pluto if they are looking for a heavy-duty full solution. (perhaps Mudlet should include it or even recommend by default if it's easy to use)