Mudlet Spell check

braeden

Mudlet Spell check

Post by braeden »

Hello everyone.

I play in Aetolia and have just began switching over to Mudlet and I must say it is brillant :D . My only concern is the lack of inbuilt spell checker. As someone from a non-english background i still have trouble with the words from time to time, so for a long while I used zmud.. and yes it is a bad client, but I used it only for two reasons the spell checker and my brother had it installed on the laptop he gave me :lol:

So do you all think it would be wise to add one down the track to help people like myself feel more at home using this wonderful program. Please feel free to tell me to get a grip I do not mind or give your own ideas.

Thank you and take care.

Braeden

Heiko
Site Admin

Re: Mudlet Spell check

Post by Heiko »

I'll add one for the next release. It's a five minutes patch.

braeden

Post by braeden »

Thank you so much for adding this. You are all great people.

Thank you again :D

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Added Hunspell spell checking. Do we really need multiple dictionaries i.e. GB, US, AUS? Currently, I've only added US.

Iocun

Post by Iocun »

Great to get this!

Personally I -would- appreciate if it also included British spellings, particularly since some MUDs define British as their default "correct" spelling.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Probably just American and British would suffice for now.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Question... hunspell is rather popular already. Can we use the systems default dictionaries, if any exist?

Because shipping our own would mean that any words that the user added to dictionaries of chrome, openoffice, etc etc would not be present in ours. So it's best to use existing ones by default.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

I don't know how to do this in a cross platform fashion. If there is an easy way, please let me know.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

OK

tsuujin

Post by tsuujin »

I'm fairly certain that aspell is already designed to be packaged and shipped with QT applications.