Mudlet Spell check

braeden

Re: Mudlet Spell check

Post by braeden »

How do I use this spellchecker on my mudlet. I have both 1.20.pre6 and 2.0rc1 on my laptop. Is there a way to make it appear in options or do I need another plug in?

Thank you.

csmall

Post by csmall »

Changing to use the system dictionaries is pretty simple in Linux, you just set the path in the program.

Code: Select all

--- a/src/TCommandLine.cpp
+++ b/src/TCommandLine.cpp
@@ -31,7 +31,7 @@
 , mpConsole( pConsole )
 , mSelectedText( "" )
 , mSelectionStart( 0 )
-, mpHunspell( new Hunspell("en_US.aff", "en_US.dic") )
+, mpHunspell( new Hunspell("/usr/share/hunspell/en_US.aff", "/usr/share/hunspell/en_US.dic") )
 {
     mpKeyUnit = mpHost->getKeyUnit();
     setAutoFillBackground(true);
If you want to use the hunspell system libraries instead of the ones that come with the mudlet source it's a few small changes in the project file and one source file to use #include <> instead of #include ""

braeden

Post by braeden »

Sorry to be such a newb, but I do not understand any of that. Does it matter that I am on a vista box or is it a matter of pasting that somewhere.

again sorry to be such a newb. But this is all very new to me still.

csmall

Post by csmall »

For Vista just make sure the two dictionary files en_US.dic and en_US.aff are in the same place as mudlet.exe The patch I posted earlier is for Linux.

Rakon

Post by Rakon »

Alright, another question about the spell-checker. Obviously, it's checking English language words and underlining the misspelled words, but what about auto-correcting them?? Typically in other applications a right-click on the underlined word will pull up a list of words that it could potentially be. Is there any type of functionality like this for Mudlet, or planned??

csmall

Post by csmall »

The library that does the spell checking has that feature with the suggest() function so the "back end" bit is solved. The "front end" or the bit you see is up to the mudlet developers and I'm not sure how difficult it would be.

jesterinarms

Post by jesterinarms »

My spell check was enabled by default, and when I put large posts in there the system freezes while it tries to spell check everything. Is there a way to turn it off yet?

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Get a more recent version. Latest is Mudlet-2.0-rc3 http://forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1874#p7415

jesterinarms

Post by jesterinarms »

Ah, my fault. I had wrongly assumed the Ubuntu PPA was the latest version. Thank you.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

The next update will have a substantially improved spellchecker - also on windows. It's fast now and makes suggestions (right click on underlined word and chose a suggestion to replace).
Mudlet now ships dictionaries for en_GB, en_US and de_DE and is able to load any other dictionary that you provide yourself.