Feature Request: Color Code Copying

Wulfen

Feature Request: Color Code Copying

Post by Wulfen »

Not sure if this is already a feature, but being able to copy a colored line of text, and have the pre-determined color code of the mud input, then pasting the copied line and having the color code there would be pretty cool.

demonnic

Re: Feature Request: Color Code Copying

Post by demonnic »

for output, you mean?

if you do

selectString(line,1)
copy()
appendBuffer("miniconsolename")

it will take the line, with formatting, and place it in the miniconsole named.

If you mean something different, then please elaborate =)

Wulfen

Post by Wulfen »

I don't think I explained quite well enough, let me try again, heh.
When you copy a line of text from the client via highlighting, right clicking, and selecting copy...when you paste that line of text, there should be an option to have the color code of the mud recorded with whatever was copied.
For example...
My muds color code is {R for bright red, if I copy something that says TEST and it's in bright red, and paste it to the command line, it should give me this...
{RTEST
And if you wanted to get really fancy, you should have an end color thing to prevent color bleeding.

tsuujin

Post by tsuujin »

Wulfen wrote:I don't think I explained quite well enough, let me try again, heh.
When you copy a line of text from the client via highlighting, right clicking, and selecting copy...when you paste that line of text, there should be an option to have the color code of the mud recorded with whatever was copied.
For example...
My muds color code is {R for bright red, if I copy something that says TEST and it's in bright red, and paste it to the command line, it should give me this...
{RTEST
And if you wanted to get really fancy, you should have an end color thing to prevent color bleeding.
The only way to really do this would be to have it copy the ANSI color codes along with the plain text, which probably wouldn't really give you the results you want. Color codes are highly fickle, with applications having a ton of different ways they actually format the information.

Glass

Post by Glass »

The workaround I once used was to merely add a few colors to color_table. I play Aetolia, so I named all of my colors things like a_darkcyan, a_brown, a_grey, etc.