Feature Request: Text-selection auto split

lockewarrior

Feature Request: Text-selection auto split

Post by lockewarrior »

From the technical manual, point 2.a:
If you don’t use split screen when selecting text, new arriving text will upset your selection.

Could we make it so when you select text on the screen, it automatically opens the split screen with it in current position, i.e. under the selected text? Seems you get the best of both worlds, being able to begin creating a trigger as quickly as possible and utilizing the split-screen feature. When working on my own system for combat in a MUD, it's not a stretch to be adding triggers during a fight and still hope to win. Save time on having to scroll.

Also, I'm brand new here. I'm a coder and gamer, look forward to contributing. Thanks for the sweet client.

-lockewarrior

Vadi

Re: Feature Request: Text-selection auto split

Post by Vadi »

While it does sound good, I don't really like it - because I don't like the idea of having to use split-screen before copying either. You can scroll a bit and then copy.

Would be an alright workaround meanwhile though.

lockewarrior

Re: Feature Request: Text-selection auto split

Post by lockewarrior »

I'm not exactly sure what you're saying Vadi, sounds like you said the same thing I did.
Vadi wrote:\because I don't like the idea of having to use split-screen before copying either. You can scroll a bit and then copy.
What do you mean? I'm saying having to scroll before selecting, manually having to start the split-screen by scrolling before you select text, is kind of a bother. You don't have to make it so selecting text automatically creates the split screen, just have it do it only when/if new text arrives that would upset your selection.