Copy entirety of a created buffer

dicene

Copy entirety of a created buffer

Post by dicene »

Currently, I have my map capture triggers copying the map that the MUD is sending me and then appending it to a window. I'd like to save that map information though, so I've decided to use pasteBuffer() as well to send it to a buffer where I could use it later.

Problem is, I'm not seeing any correct way to copy that information back out of the buffer. This is because there is no copyBuffer() function and copy() only copies the selected portion, meaning you'd have to manually select the entire buffer and then use copy("lastMap") to get it to your clipboard to paste it again.

Is there a better way that I'm maybe missing that would enable you to easily select/copy that entire buffer, or is this possibly prime functionality for me to add into Mudlet? :D

Vadi

Re: Copy entirety of a created buffer

Post by Vadi »

I don't think there is a function for that - you'd have to loop through and select the lines you'd and and copy them over one by one.

Here's some sample code to copy the last line of a miniconsole in case it helps anyone else:
Code: [show] | [select all] lua
    moveCursor("svo_prompt",0,getLastLineNumber("svo_prompt")-1)
    selectCurrentLine("svo_prompt")
    copy("svo_prompt")

dicene

Re: Copy entirety of a created buffer

Post by dicene »

Yeah. That's what I thought. I might add in a copyBuffer() function for that purpose, so you don't have to manually select the entire buffer with selectSection.

On a very similar subject, getCurrentLine() doesn't allow you to specify a window name, meaning there is no simple way to read the contents of a miniconsole. I'll also hopefully have a PR to implement that up soon.