Mudlet Mapper

Vadi

Re: Mudlet Mapper

Post by Vadi »

I've suggested it on the forums

Wyd

Post by Wyd »

Another possible API function - GetRoomsInArea(area) - returns a table containing the room names of rooms in the given area. I've got a few projects that would benefit from this

Tobel

Post by Tobel »

I just recently began using the mapper and was able to make the special exits link for worm warps, but the autowalking isn't taking those into account and still trying to go the long way. Is there a certain command to encourage the use of special exits?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

No - are you sure you made them such it's the shortest path? And was the special exit created successfully?

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Special exits are used if they get the fastest travel time -> room weights. rc5 and rc6 don't add newly added exits to the pathfinder in all cases. I've fixed this in later versions, but I don't remember which ones. You may have to wait for 2.0 (some time next week).

Tobel

Post by Tobel »

It seems to be improving after a complete re-import and fresh map. It still tries to take a longer route (60-some rooms away) over a special exit connection route that cuts it down to perhaps three. I'll test it some more for specific examples.

Also, since the newest import, doing RL no longer shows the same information it used to (would show the room exits for the room I was in, room ID, etc). Has this changed somehow?

Tobel

Post by Tobel »

One example I have found, unsure if it's related to what you were saying, Heiko.

I created a special exit from "Along the Prelatorian Highway" (1359) to a room in Tasur'ke (4107) and it was successful. I then did the same from that room in Tasur'ke to Prelat.

If I then move to NoT and try to speedwalk to the Shunai Bridge, the mapper sends me SW, S, east through the forest and then back up to the highway, about 25 movements in all, just to move what would have been two squares.

I checked the weight on room 1359 and it is set to 1.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Is it locked?

Tobel

Post by Tobel »

When I checked exits, none of them showed as locked.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

No, rooms theselves are locked in the Mudlet Mapper. Check the 'rl #' of the room, it'll say it's status.