Development Suggestions

Sahmiam

Development Suggestions

Post by Sahmiam »

First off, thank you Vadi and Heiko for the amazing work you and everyone else have put into this client. I've been thoroughly impressed and enjoy scripting my system so far.

Here's a few suggestions that I've come up with that would be convenient to have implemented, but aren't necessary.

--Multiline trigger gag
Right now, in order to gag multiple lines, I have to create multiple triggers. While this is easily worked around, it'd be nice to compile the four triggers into one multiline trigger as well as their code, and have a deleteLine() or equivalent that deletes/gags the entire multiline trigger.

I've been doing this with 'qsc' in Lusternia as well as enabling/disabling each individual line trigger. As I said, it's no big deal, but if it's an easy addition, it would be greatly appreciated.

--Access to triggers, aliases, scripts, etc without requiring an actual log in/connection
Just as a convenience accessory, it would be awesome to be able to open up the triggers/scripts/etc without having to connect to a server or log in. As it stands, sometimes I don't want to actually connect to a profile but just want access to the scripting I've done in the profile.

--Command input options
I always like to see the commands I've entered echoed into the window. Options on how the echos are displayed would be great. Bright yellow draws too much attention.

--Alias gag/replacer
I think I remember seeing where we can gag the commands sent from send(). How difficult would it be to gag the alias's echo from the command line? For instance, if command matches an alias, command echo is replaced by either the "replace with" box or gagged completely to allow for send() output.

Thanks guys and keep up the great work!

Heiko
Site Admin

Re: Development Suggestions

Post by Heiko »

1. You can already work on your profiles while being offline.
2. The rest of your suggestions seem valid and will be implemented in the future.

sephiel

Post by sephiel »

I assume he meant without having to initially connect/disconnect to the server, though.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I'm looking to add an option into the connect dialog to 'connect offline'.

sephiel

Post by sephiel »

See, this is what I love about mudlet - well, besides it being simple, fast, massively customisable and very regularly updated. You guys listen.

Sahmiam

Post by Sahmiam »

I have an odd request:

Would it be possible to have a no-match triggers? I love the filters, but there has been occasions where I want to send a command if and only if it doesn't match any of the triggers under a filter.

For example, in Lusternia, I've created an aetherbashing/fighting filter to keep targets, but we have to specify whether we're targetting a ship or creature. I can easily predict what creatures and have filtered triggers for them, but the ships, I can't feasibly have filtered triggers for them.

Basically this:

if (matches[x] == FilterTriggers)
action 1
if (matches[x] ~= FilterTriggers)
action 2

In both cases, I'm still using the captured information. Thanks!

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

The simplest solution is to use flags inside your filter scripts and add a last filter that matches every time the filter chain is being run e.g. Lua condition: return true. This script simply checks if your flag has been set (=a filter has matched - or even which filter has matched) and act accordingly. In the filter chain head you reset your flags.
For an example checkout the balance/no balance detection in my original Achaea Gui demo in the scripts section.