easy buttons demo

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
Heiko
Site Admin

easy buttons demo

Post by Heiko »

EasyButtons.png
ATTENTION: Due to a bug in beta-10pre4 you need to upgrade to beta-10pre5 to use this example. Otherwise Mudlet will crash. To get beta-10pre5: GNU/Linux: use latest git snapshot
windows: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=295238

There are new functions to get the state of a checkbox menu entry or 2-state buttons (2state buttons are checkboxes in menus). There are new functions to hide and show menu bars etc. Check the LUA API table at the end of the manual.
Bugs: Buttons arent fully finished yet e.g. if you add a new button you may still have to click on the item to show the correct settings screen. However, they do work.

HOWTO: To make buttons you first have to define a button bar i. e. you need to create a folder.
Click on the folder and select where the bar should be positioned (top/left/right) and if you want its layout to be horizontal or vertical. You can also opt for custom layout in which case there will be no autolayouting and you have to do everything yourself, i.e. set sizes of the toolbar itself and sizes & placement of the buttons on this toolbar. This can be used for special button arrangements and button sizes (left button bar on the picture)
The add buttons to the folder (button bar). All 3 button bar areas can contain multiple button bars. Button bars can be hidden and shown via scripts e.g. hide/show special buttons in a fight etc.

Buttons that are not in a folder will be ignored.

If you add a folder to a button bar, you add a menu. This menu can contain buttons or checkboxes (2state buttons).
To make flashy custom buttons use the css style sheet. See example css code in the demo package.
Attachments
buttonDemoV2.xml.zip
(3.29 KiB) Downloaded 1266 times

FormerZmudUser

Re: easy buttons demo

Post by FormerZmudUser »

I'd like to have buttons on the bottom of the screen also and show it when I get into a fight.
I can get buttons everywhere else, but not on the bottom. I am missing something?

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

We can think about adding another toolbar area at the bottom of the screen. Currently, it's only top, left or right.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Bottom one would be necessary too, I agree.