Targetting help

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
Duugan

Re: Targetting help

Post by Duugan »

Awesome. Thanks Chrio!

One more question, if you don't mind. I was going to make a trigger as a backup, for when I miss the spam or an not paying enough attention (I have needy daughters!)

My health is displayed as hp/HPMax HP. To read this and start using potions or screaming at myself would the trigger be:
(\d{1,3})/250" "HP <-- probably not right, but hopefully close. I'd be looking for my current hp out of 250 max.
Then in the script, I'd need an If/Then for
If matches[2]<100
Send("quaff potion")
Else
End

I think I could also put (\d{1,3}/(\d{3})" "HP for the trigger and it should work unless I had 1000 or more HP max....It should be something similar, I think.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

I'd try "^(\d+)/(\d+) HP" as the rexexp:
'^' = the start of the line - assuming the Server does not put anything else before what you are looking for - one MUD I have played puts in other things for whether there is light or dark (or rather you can see things which is not the same if you CAN see in the dark as one side can!) and also something if you are riding something.

\d+ means one or more number characters - and the '(' and ')'s means there are TWO capture groups.

As for the script it would probably be something like:

Code: Select all

local health = tonumber( matches[2] )
local maxHealth = tonumber( matches[3] )

if health > 0 and maxHealth > 0 and (health/maxHealth) <= 0.4 then
    Send("quaff potion")
end
I won't guarantee this will be exactly what is needed but I think it covers the bases, corrections from others welcomed!

Duugan

Post by Duugan »

SlySven wrote:

Code: Select all

local health = tonumber( matches[2] )
local maxHealth = tonumber( matches[3] )

if health > 0 and maxHealth > 0 and (health/maxHealth) <= 0.4 then
    Send("quaff potion")
end
I won't guarantee this will be exactly what is needed but I think it covers the bases, corrections from others welcomed!
I didn't have much time last night to trouble-shoot, but this wasn't working. I thought maybe it was because the health isn't part of the scrolling text, it just stays in the bottom line. Even if I would say 35/200 HP it wasn't triggering anything though. It's possible I typed something incorrectly, but could there be another issue? Does it matter if the text doesn't scroll with the battle spam? Is there something in the coding that needs changed?

chrio

Post by chrio »

Sounds like you may have triggers that capture the hp elsewhere and presents it at the bottom of the screen? If that's the cas you can press the "emergency stop" toggle in the bottom right corner of mudlet (it's a black sphere) and you should see the input unchanged by any triggers.

Try that and see what happens.

Duugan

Post by Duugan »

There is a prompt at the bottom of the screen. The default shows hp, mana, moves, target, and exp. You can alter it to have alignment, location, invis, etc.

It is the only thing that has your health, aside from the score command that shows your player status (stats, gold, deity, etc.)

What I was trying to do is read the prompt with a trigger to heal when I'm dying.

Duugan

Post by Duugan »

Ok. I got the trigger to work. It was having trouble reading my health because I had [Name] in front of the hp. I rewrote the prompt to stay with health and ended up using perl regex of (\*)/(\*) HP for the trigger.

The problem I'm having now is this. I put a temp timer on it and it seems to work outside of combat. In combat, tons move so fast it spams the trigger whether I have a finger of a few seconds or scan up to 20 seconds. Maybe I need to disable the trigger one it's triggered and then turn it back on somehow?

chrio

Post by chrio »

Duugan wrote:The problem I'm having now is this. I put a temp timer on it and it seems to work outside of combat. In combat, tons move so fast it spams the trigger whether I have a finger of a few seconds or scan up to 20 seconds. Maybe I need to disable the trigger one it's triggered and then turn it back on somehow?
You could do that, or use a variable and check against that to avoid spam. This for instance, will do the action when hp dips below 100, but will not do it again until it's been above 150:
Code: [show] | [select all] lua
function healonce()
  local low,high = 100,150
  if( hp < low and not healingInAction) then
    healingInAction = true
    -- do some healing stuff here
    send("quaff potion")
  elseif(hp>high) then
    healingInAction = nil
  end
end

Duugan

Post by Duugan »

Ok, well I used a combination of stuff to get it how I have it now.

Thanks again guys. I doubt I'd ever have been able to figure ANY of this out without your help! :)

Duugan

Post by Duugan »

Any idea how to get a trigger for HP with <Name><###/### HP?
My wife is stubborn and I haven't been able to get it to register...

Duugan

Post by Duugan »

I convinced her to change it to Name ###/### HP and that works just fine. :)