Help with Trigger

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
herc2316

Help with Trigger

Post by herc2316 »

Hello, completely new to this client and trying to figure out a trigger. I'd like to make a trigger that will fire depending on what is told to the character. For example:

Joe tells you: -enter portal ----> would fire "enter portal"

Basically it's so another character can send a command via a tell message and the trigger will fire whatever command that is.

BTW: the - before enter portal above is just to seperate a command from someone actually just talking about that.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Re: Help with Trigger

Post by SlySven »

Well I think you could use a rexexp type trigger to fire on the "<someone> tells you: xxx" and then use, I think, the send command but someone else will need to fill you in on the rexexp required and the lua code.

I just wanted to warn you to be very careful about giving control of YOUR character to ANOTHER player - at least check that "Joe" is on a list of trusted persons and possibly also limit or filter the commands they can give. Remember MUD server sysops hold YOU responsible for what your character does even if you give someone else the controls...!

herc2316

Post by herc2316 »

Ok... that gives me a start... Thanks for the heads up, but I'm not worried about the control factor since the only people who will know about it are me and a friend.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

... and anyone who reads this - so it shouldn't be too many! :P

herc2316

Post by herc2316 »

lol not too many people play the mud i do anymore