Simutronics Login for Mudlet 3.0.0-delta

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
hogarius

Simutronics Login for Mudlet 3.0.0-delta

Post by hogarius »

EDIT: File fixed and reuploaded.

I have attached a Mudlet profile file allowing users to connect to Simutronics games, using the Wizard protocol. (I'll provide a StormFront version in another post under this topic.) I created these settings with Mudlet version 3.0.0-delta, on a Windows 7 (64-bit) machine.

Some caveats:

1. This profile is not supported by Simutronics, and the use of this file is not approved by Simutronics. Use at your own risk.

2. This profile requires that you maintain a paid subscription with Simutronics for the game(s) that you wish to play.

3. This profile works for me, but it is rough and clunky. I cannot guarantee the profile will work the way you want it to, or even that it will work at all. I am not responsible for any harm or damages from your use of this file.

4. You are welcome to examine and modify the file as you wish. However, I am not responsible for any harm or damages from your modifications to these settings.

Instructions:

1. Download the SimuWzd.xml file to a convenient location.

2. Start the Mudlet program.

3. Click the "Connect" button, and click the "New" button to set up a new profile with the following settings:
Profile name: SimuWzd
Server address: eaccess.play.net
Port: 7900

4. Connect to the server, and after you are connected, immediately close the Mudlet program.

5. Copy the SimuWzd.xml file to your Mudlet profiles directory. (Mine is C:\Users\<WinUsername>\.config\mudlet\profiles\SimuWzd\current\ )

6. Start the Mudlet program again, click the "Connect" button, and click the SimuWzd button once to select it.

7. Click the pull-down arrow next to "Profile history:", and select the "SimuWzd" entry.

8. Click the "Connect" button to connect to the Simu server.

9. You'll see some instructions on the screen noting the aliases to use for entering your Simutronics account name, Simutronics account password and the gamecode for the game you wish to play. Please note that the "Username: ", "Password: " and "Gamecode: " aliases are case sensitive and require the colon.

Gamecodes are as follows:

DR DragonRealms
DRF DragonRealms The Fallen
DRX DragonRealms Platinum
GS3 GemStone IV (note the code is indeed GS3)
GSF GemStone IV Shattered
GSX GemStone IV Platinum
HX Alliance of Heroes
MO Modus Operandi

10. When you've entered your username, password and gamecode, type in "Start:" to execute the login process.

11. Mudlet and the Simu server will exchange some information, and you will see a list of characters for your account. Type in "CharChoice: 5" (or the appropriate number for the character you wish to play).

12. Mudlet will send your character information to the authorization server and connect you to the appropriate game server.

The Wizard protocol uses "GSL Tags" to provide elements of game information to the client. This profile file includes a trigger to display the tags in angle brackets (for example, <GSm:a pair of prescription eyeglasses > ). It will be up to you to make triggers that can interpret and process this information.
Attachments
SimuWzd.xml
(18.34 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
Last edited by hogarius on Thu May 14, 2015 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Z902

Re: Simutronics Login for Mudlet 3.0.0-delta

Post by Z902 »

Thank you for posting this!

The first attempt at using it worked great, but later attempts weren't so successful. I did make a few changes so that it would run automatically and start over on a reconnect. Unfortunately, I ran into the same issue I did with the script I tried to use before this - at some point the hashpasskeys are rejected by the login server even if they are correct (tested with Mushclient, which is working fine for me and uses a very similar script). I created another profile and re-loaded simuwzd.xml. The problem persists and I have no idea what's going on.

Edit: Alright, I think I might have fixed it (two attempts and looking good). At the end of KTrigger I replaced send(ALine) with sendSocket(ALine) and it seems to be working.

hogarius

Post by hogarius »

I'm glad it's working for you.

I've had problems processing certain characters in these scripts, notably backslashes and brackets. Using sendSocket() instead of send() seems to bypass Mudlet-Lua's usual processing of these characters and resolve the issues.

MDKerr

Post by MDKerr »

I've run through this many times and cannot seem to ever get a character choice to come up.

hogarius

Post by hogarius »

MDKerr, send me a private message or ping me on the Mudlet IRC channel, and I'll try to work with you to resolve this.

Seren

Post by Seren »

Hogarius, I'm very interested in using your SimuWiz profile, as I'm a Linux user and have no interest in connecting through Simu's web-based client. I use Mudlet 3.0.0-delta for my favorite non-Simutronics games already.

Using your SimuWiz profile (and thank you so much for sharing it!) I've managed to get to the point where I can choose a character from my account and the script attempts to log me into the game server using my selection, but at that point, the... redirection? seems to fail. I'll pop onto the mudlet IRC and see if I can't catch you for some troubleshooting/insight, if you're willing.

yogurtking

Post by yogurtking »

Thanks for this, I'd really love to be able to use mudlet for Gemstone. unfortunately I'm also having trouble getting it to work. I get as far as using CharChoice: 1 in my case, and it seems to just hang. Can anyone confirm this is still working? I was thinking maybe something about their login process has changed.

hogarius

Post by hogarius »

Seren and yogurtking , I apologize for not seeing and responding to your posts sooner. Simutronics dropped Modus Operandi in November, and I haven't had a reason to use Mudlet since then. It's possible that Simu may no longer allow the Wizard to be used, which means my script won't work without some modifications to use the StormFront protocol. I had actually gotten it to have Simu send the StormFront tags at one point, but I'm not interested in GemStone or DragonRealms, so I've not pursued it.

Send me a PM on this message board, and I'll try to work with you via AIM or some other means.

yogurtking

Post by yogurtking »

thanks for responding Hogarius, but I'm actually not interested anymore. It seemed really good for a week or so, but dropped off quickly after that. sorry to bother you needlessly.