Geyser UI Template

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
schoktra

Re: Geyser UI Template

Post by schoktra »

I'm wanting to get started with this template and see what i can't do to make it work for my mud, however i'm used to zmud and switched very recently to mudlet when zmud started working like crap in wine on linux. I'm sort of learning the power and functionality of mudlet and think that some sort of mini user guide to show people how to start using this template would be nice.

Zaphob

Post by Zaphob »

This seems like a great template. Thanks for the good work! I will definitely look into this. :mrgreen:

Akaya

Post by Akaya »

I update the first post with a short guide on getting started with the template :) Enjoy!

icesteruk

Post by icesteruk »

icesteruk wrote:ah nice! I'll look into that later today!

Template

is what I have so far!

The above was what I did with this Template a few week ago or more... But I been working on it alot more and I've recently come up with the following...

The Template is a GREAT HELP for new people learning the design his/her system! Thanks Alot to Akaya
Attachments
NEWPPP.png

Nick

Post by Nick »

Complete mudlet noob here. Just trying to get started by updating the hp guage but so far I'm not doing very well. Any help would be appreciated. The hitpoint data from my mud looks like :

Hp: 1334 (1334) Gp: 273 (273) Xp: 2267050

I've tried to update the healthbar with the following trigger but it doesn't work:

^Hp: (\d+) \((\d+)\) Gp: (\d+) \((\d+)\) Xp: (\d+) [perl regex]

hp = matches[2]
hpMax = matches[3]
gp = matches[4]
gpMax = matches[5]
xp = matches[6]

GUI.Health:setValue(hp, hpMax, "<b>"..hp.."hp</b>")

Alaskar

Post by Alaskar »

Ok, I'm partially retarded when it comes to this stuff. Could someone explain, in idiot-proof detail the elements of how to put things like a Chat window, Info Here Tracker, Limb Counter, etc., in one of the GUI Boxes? I use Omnipave and some of the Akayan GUI stuff, which are both incredible but even studying the scripts in those I can't seem to figure it out. I feel like a detailed explanation would greatly help me. Any help would be great and I'd greatly appreciate it. I've searched google for these things, but a lot of times I find lots of how to without explanations of how or why.

Alaskar

Post by Alaskar »

Could someone please explain the elements of how to put something in the boxes, particularly something like the chat window and info here stuff from the Akayan GUI and Omnipave? I'm practically handicapped when it comes to this kind of stuff. I understand the logic, but the syntax kills me, and I can never find explanations of why things are they way they are.

Thanks, I'd really appreciate it.

Akaya

Post by Akaya »

The boxes on the template are meant to serve as containers for whatever you like. Be it a chat window, map, whatever. The name of the box is displayed right on it. GUI.Box1 for example. You use this name as the container name in your scripts. With that in mind...

Here's a walkthrough for creating a tabbed window: http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Manual:Geyser# ... bed_Window

In this step: http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Manual:Geyser# ... _container
Change the container to whatever box on the template you want to place it in (GUI.Box1 for example)
'main' is the name of the container. We can simply change this to GUI.Box1 and vualah! The tabbed window will be placed inside GUI.Box1.

If you have further questions, do ask.

tarkenton

Post by tarkenton »

Hey Akaya, I have a question since I apparently fail at reading comprehension/lifting bits of script and using them myself. I'm trying to insert an image into GUI.Icon1 using the following code

Code: Select all

GUI.BalIcon = Geyser.Label:new({
  name = "GUI.BalIcon",
  width = "80%",
  height = "80%",
},GUI.Icon1)
GUI.BalIconCSS = CSSMan.new([[
  margin: 2px;
  border-image: url("]]..getMudletHomeDir():gsub("\\","/")..[[balance.png");
]])
GUI.BalIcon:setStyleSheet(GUI.BalIconCSS:getCSS())
I've put the image in the following place (where lua getMudletHomeDir() shows me):
C:\Users\Tarkenton\.config\mudlet\profiles\Dini\balance.png

However, all I get in the icon spot is an off-grey box. I've double and triple checked the image name, location, etc. and still can't get it to actually display the picture. Is there something in particular I'm doing wrong? The original image is 600x388, but I'd assumed that mudlet would take care of scaling it down for me.

Akaya

Post by Akaya »

You'll want a slash before balance.png because your getMudletHomeDir() doesn't end with one. So: .../balance.png