Geyser Systems

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
Vadi

Re: Geyser Systems

Post by Vadi »

I think createMap has been imporoved not to re-initialize every time either in 2.1 or in the next version.

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

I never understood why the mapper that is created can't be manipulated via moveWindow and resizeWindow... seems like they would be the logical way to interact with it.

icesteruk

Post by icesteruk »

With using Jor'Mox WindowManager this is what I've came up with so far.. Each button is clickable and changings the 'screen' below to what it should represent....

I thank him deeply for his help and my confusing questions..

Does anyone know how to make the 'afflictions' show without that huge gap?
Attachments
forumpic.png
forumpic.png (15.44 KiB) Viewed 6266 times

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

That is a placement issue. What coordinates and sizes are you assigning to the afflictions button and the bigger window that it opens?

icesteruk

Post by icesteruk »

its a console .. but I have a 'refreshAffs()' function to update it, I use this already in my other system (the first pic with the different color affs)
Code: [show] | [select all] lua
local myaffs = {}

for k,v in pairsByKeys(afflictions) do
		if v and not table.isMember(aff_ignore, k) then
			local aff_color = aff_highlights[k] and ("<" .. aff_highlights[k] .. ">") or ""
			table.insert(myaffs, aff_color .. k .. "<white>")
		end
end
	for i=1,#myaffs,1 do
cecho("WindowConsoleShow", "<white>" .. myaffs[i])
cecho("WindowConsoleShow", ", ")
echo("WindowsConsoleShow", string.rep(" ", (12-#myaffs[i])))
	end
so I wouldn't have thought it was that since only difference is in the first pic I use

WindowConsoleShow:echo .. and in this I use echo("windowsconsoleshow", .... :/

the windowconsoleshow is
Code: [show] | [select all] lua
createMiniConsole("WindowConsoleShow", 8, 80, 20, 400, 400)
windowManager.add("WindowConsoleShow", "MiniConsole", "1%", "12%", "33%", "47%", "topright")

setLabelStyleSheet("WindowConsoleShow",[[
		fontSize = font_size,
		x = "10%", y = "35%",
		width = "200", height = "400",
color = white	;]])

clearWindow("WindowConsoleShow")   

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

Wait. So your issue is with the text inside the console, or with where the console is placed?

Also, did you just successfully use setLabelStyleSheet on a mini console?

So, what is your problem with the text? I can't really tell what is going on in that pic.

icesteruk

Post by icesteruk »

the "Clumsiness (huge space), destroyleft (huge space), destroyleftar (hugespace)" etc .. it should be "clumsiness, destroyleft, ... etc

Yeah I change the setLabelStylesheet to be similar to how my miniconsoles in my other system work, so just to change sizes / font color and it works perfect .. The WindowManager, made it so much easier I've even changed alot of it so I can change the colors with little effect
Attachments
forumspic.png
forumspic.png (4.11 KiB) Viewed 6259 times

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

My guess would be that you are having issues measuring the length of the text, to determine how much space to use. And so, instead, you are using a fixed, overly large amount of space.

icesteruk

Post by icesteruk »

ah, hmm Im using the same code in the 2nd part as I am in the first ;/ I'll mess with it some more see whats happening..

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

Oh, so, side note... not sure what you did for the border on your miniConsole... but the way you are calling setLabelStyleSheet for that miniconsole is wrong (so it wouldn't do anything anyway), and calling it correctly (in a way that actually does something to a label) for a miniconsole does nothing. In theory, you can just comment out that whole bit and it will do the exact same thing.

That said, try using normal echo instead of cecho (I know it will look messed up), to see if there might be some difference. I know people have mentioned cecho being jacked up for them.