YATCO

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
icesteruk

Re: YATCO 2.3

Post by icesteruk »

Sorry for the double post, but checking all the scripts for the Height changing thing, I can not find..

demonnic.chat.config.width = 60

but I guess thats about how many letters you want on the chat window.. how would I change the height as it goes from top of the screen to the bottom and it cut of some of my buttons :/

Since adding this to my system, my system has stopped working... any idea as to why this would have happened?

hmm I just been looking through the debug and seems the chat window has turned of my GMCP as im getting alot of

LUA: ERROR running script My Prompt (Trigger397) ERROR:[string "function Trigger397()..."]:2:
attempt to index field 'Char' (a nil value)

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

demonnic.chat.config.lines to specify the height (in number of lines of text).

I have not run into GMCP being disabled by this plugin before. In fact, the only interaction I can see is that I accidentally left an event handler for gmcp.Char . It does not however touch the actual gmcp.Char table except to read it. Object is called demonnicVitals , and feel free to remove it as it's not needed.

It may be worth having a go at turning the GMCP option off, then on again, then saving the profile and restarting Mudlet.

icesteruk

Post by icesteruk »

I've turned GMCP on and off rebooted and still the error.. my GMCP settings are not working at all, well the settings which have the GMCP data in them.. which is all since its in my prompt.

and the error before (even tho I deleted the minichat window) is still happening.. I've not changed nothing in my system just added/deleted the chat .. heh

ebp921

Post by ebp921 »

Any suggestions on a remedy the capture long chats (multipul wordwraps). Game I play long tells/chats is typical. Any help much appretiated.

kevutian

Post by kevutian »

Set your wrap width to 0 (or equivalent). You basically need to disable wrapping completely. (Via your game, not via Mudlet).

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

If that isn't possible, then you can use a trigger chain to assist in capturing the lines. In the trigger you made to capture the chat (I'll call it chattrigger) set the Fire Length (top right corner) to 99. Also remove the call to demonnic.chat:append() in this trigger.

Make a trigger which matches your prompt (or, if the N and S numbers in the bottom right of your main Mudlet window work, you can make a lua trigger with "return isPrompt()") and then drag onto the chattrigger. The code for this trigger is setTriggerStayOpen("chattrigger", 0) . This is assuming I made the actual name of the trigger "chattrigger". If named the trigger "Tells", then you would want setTriggerStayOpen("Tells", 0) ... and so on and so forth.

Now, make a third trigger of type lua, and for the pattern just put in "return true". This trigger will match on every line. Put the demonnic.chat:append() line you removed from the chattrigger into this trigger, and then drag it on to the chattrigger.

So looking at the tree on the left, it should look something like this:

Code: Select all

chattrigger
  |
   ---Prompt trigger
  |
   ---Catchall trigger
It should be obvious that the prompt and catchall triggers are children of the chattrigger. See http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Manual:Technic ... ter_Chains for more information on how it works.

Anicetus

Post by Anicetus »

In some cases, I would like to be able to also add text to my chat windows via the cecho function. I can't seem to get this to work though. Maybe I'm just dense, but I'm thinking I am getting the window names wrong. What exactly would the window be named for a tab I have defined as "City" for example? Or if there's a trick to getting this to work please let me know! Thanks.

Edit: I mean miniconsole instead of window of course.

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

If you use the supplied demonnic.chat:cecho() function and the tab was named City, then you would use

demonnic.chat:cecho("City", "<red:blue>This wouldn't be so bad <yellow:green> but this is")

Anicetus

Post by Anicetus »

Wasn't exactly what I wanted because I didn't want it to appear in the all tab also, but I did figure out how to do it from that. Thanks!

Loem

Post by Loem »

For some reason this setting is not working:
Code: [show] | [select all] lua
--Blink if the bucket tab ("All" by default, but configured above) is in focus?
demonnic.chat.config.blinkFromAll = true
I've used fixchat and restarted mudlet, yet whenever the All tab is active none of the others blink. Otherwise things are working great.