YATCO

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
demonnic

Re: YATCO 2.3

Post by demonnic »

Hmm, well I don't have Mudlet-3.0rc1 on my box so I can't really test apples2apples, but when I test against 2.1 it seems to work. You do have your wrapwidth set to 0, right?
Capture.PNG

Knute

Post by Knute »

wrapwidth is zero. I change it to 150, but the text was still truncated at the same length as before.
When I changed it back to zero and tested it, still truncated.
--
Knute

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

Would you try loading up in 2.1 and seeing what happens?

Did you compile Mudlet yourself? Or did you acquire that binary somewhere? I've been a little out of the loop.

You might also try loading the zip package you attached up here into an empty profile and see if it's working for you that way. If it is, then we know it's something else going on somewhere.

Knute

Post by Knute »

I am using archlinux, and have installed the package mudlet-git, from the aur.
--
Knute

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

Ok, I'm not super familiar with arch, but have always had the impression it is somewhat like gentoo, in that often things are compiiled when installed? This certainly looks like it pulls from git and does a compile. Would it be possible to do an update or reinstall to pull the latest code and see if there's perhaps been a fix for this since? Barring that, I'll see about getting a box set up to compile again (I should anyway) and see if I can reproduce the issue.

Knute

Post by Knute »

In the link that I sent in my last posting there was a link to an updated PKGBUILD so I downloaded and updated that. The result being that chat didn't work at all. So I have since downgraded.
--
Knute

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

Hrmm. I haven't run on a self-compiled Mudlet in over a year. I'll see if I can get it compiled and test using it in the next couple of days, but the .zip you sent works perfectly fine for me in a clean profile in Mudlet 2.1.

Have you tried pulling that zip into a clean profile and seeing if it works that way?

I haven't heard of anyone else having issues like this with Mudlet compiled from git, but it's obviously an issue for you and I'd like to try and get it taken care of.

lordnoak

Post by lordnoak »

Can you tell me how to create a trigger to send "say" chat items to the say tab? City chat and regular say items both get sent there when I use a regular substring.

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

I'd need a set of examples on how 'say' works... but it sounds like an IRE mud, and all I can tell you is that their engine is a bit too permissible with the ways says and emotes work... what I do is set them to some very interesting (and otherwise unused) color combination in config colour and then use a color trigger to match them. Otherwise all the different voicings and custom emotes and the like get lost in the spam while your other channels are nicely captured.

I've about got a decent gmcp comm capture going for Lusternia, but the emotes don't seem to send over gmcp like other comms, and that's presenting an issue.

Also, gagging the lines from the main output has been causing me problems. I'll suss it out though.

lordnoak

Post by lordnoak »

Pretty much all channels have "say" in them:

(City): You say, "Greetings"
(Clan): You say, "Greetings"
You say, "Greetings"

This makes it hard. It sounds like your color trigger is the best way. Currently I just pool it all into the "All" bucket and try not to filter based on channel type.