YATCO

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
phasma
Discord: phasma#4694

Re: YATCO 2.3

Post by phasma »

If you have installed it through apt, just hit alt-f2 and run it that way. Works fine.

DanBoy

Post by DanBoy »

Ok I tried another tabbed chat from a guy who made his own, it cuts the messages short in his as well, this is NOT a yatco only issue, this is a mudlet issue, its either the QT or the libpcre/rex thing. Also I verified using debian's mudlet which is 2.0, YATCO works perfectly fine, so this is a major bug happening and needs to get moved from YATCO to mudlet bugs itself.

DanBoy

Post by DanBoy »

problem is that if i use mudlet 2.0 the map breaks otherwise i would use it, and also various other functions cease to work, like colors in the miniconsole

phasma

Post by phasma »

Could maybe bring yourself up to Sid? Like I say, I don't experience this issue on that, but even so, that doesn't explain why you're seeing it on Wheezy. Definitely needs addressing, of course, especially given the fact it's still present in the latest git with Qt5.

DanBoy

Post by DanBoy »

I've never used Sid or testing before, i've always stuck to the stable repo, I'm reading about sid and it seems theres a lot of risks involved can you share if you had any trouble using Sid, or do you think i could try Testing instead of Sid? I just really don't want to break my box, i've spent countless hours setting up my mudlet UI and the exporting profiles doesn't seem to work all the time, i'm worried about losing it.

phasma

Post by phasma »

Sure, there is a chance it can break, as with all beta software, but honestly, I have been using it for a long, long time and I have never had a single problem with it.

DanBoy

Post by DanBoy »

Just checked the package repo, testing and sid have the same mudlet version so I'll go with testing and see how that works out

phasma

Post by phasma »

Ahh, yeah. Never noticed they were the same. Main reason I use Sid is because compiling git is a breeze with it.

DanBoy

Post by DanBoy »

YES THANK GOD, I upgraded to testing man and it works now, thanks a lot for your suggestion!

phasma

Post by phasma »

Awesome. Handy to know this issue is resolved and a possible regression identified. Enjoy the chat capture! It's a really nice script.