Overwatch - a one-profile free curing system for Achaea

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
Ephemeralis

Overwatch - a one-profile free curing system for Achaea

Post by Ephemeralis »

mishgul's release of his pretty damn awesome free curing system (Omnipave 3.0) kind of inspired me to have a stab at my own, in part due to the fact that I could never find a system which would have the guts to inherently change the way core output from the game is presented, and that I have a strange obsession with custom prompts and having them look as pretty as they possibly can.

Here's what the guts of the system looks like:

You may have noticed the curious absence of obnoxiously highlighted equilibrium/balance regain prompts. The primary feature of Overwatch is that the core player information needed for basic play (equilibrium, balance, herb/salve timers, locks, etc) is all displayed on the prompt as the information arrives per-prompt. To me, this is tremendously important as my main barrier into enjoying combat properly was sifting through the immense amounts of spam to keep track of what was actually happening.

That aside, Overwatch has a few other core and expected features:
  • Standard curing - herbs, minerals, salves and tonics
  • Standard defence up and keepup
  • Lightweight auto-sipping
  • Standard limb-curing
  • On-the-fly curing method priority switching
  • Built in rewear and goldbanking antitheft (almost entirely negates the need for selfishness - sorry Serpents!)
  • Built in utility functions (auto-more'ing and equivalent gagging to read books and scrolls as they were meant to be read, deathwatch notifier on citizen/organisation death, book-to-file "scribing" for archival purposes)
  • One-profile continuity: all character data is saved and loaded per character rather than per profile, so you can use all of your alts under the same profile without busting stuff
  • Easy extensibility - all of the core functions are transparent in what they achieve and can be altered and tinkered with to your hearts content with relative ease
  • Lightweight defence/affliction echoes - quickly know what you've gained and lost with simple on-prompt messages to let you know what's going on
  • Customisable custom-prompt - extensible and lightweight with modular settings to let you turn on and off what you want in your prompt
I wont lie, this system isn't finished and still needs a lot of work to compare to many of the other more long-established systems. The trigger list in particular is kind of sad compared to other systems (Venom afflictions and the really really common types of afflictions during bashing for 1-70 are all mapped already), but it is pretty simple to add lines as you find them.

If people are immediately interested in the system, I'll be posting it for download pretty shortly, otherwise I would like to just gauger out interest first before I go ahead and release something that people might be using a fair chunk of the time. I'm also open for suggestions - especially regarding prompt readability and other ways to cut down on spam while playing!

Lezard

Re: Overwatch - a one-profile free curing system for Achaea

Post by Lezard »

Interesting.. So, what exactly makes this system different (better) than Mishgul's? It looks nice, by the way. 8-)

Ephemeralis

Post by Ephemeralis »

Absolutely nothing. For all purposes and intention, Omnipave is several orders of magnitude more complete and just generally better in every way. My system just looks a little bit prettier (in my opinion) and that's about it.

Athorem

Post by Athorem »

I like how it doesn't try to blind me with 'obnoxiously highlighed regain prompts'

:)

almostid

Post by almostid »

If this is still in progress shoot me a copy I would like to see how it is put together. Thanks.

Ephemeralis

Post by Ephemeralis »

http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/103 ... let#latest

I ended up posting this to the Achaean forums a long, long time ago. The caveats are listed in the forum OP, and it has some really serious issues that need addressing before it is usable in combat properly - though it does handle even advanced denizens quite well!