Omnipave 3.0 Free Edition

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
mishgul

Omnipave 3.0 Free Edition

Post by mishgul »

PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS VERY CAREFULLY. VERY CAREFULLY.

Old Users:

To update, please go to Package Manager, click on the Omnipave choice and UNINSTALL. Then close the package manager and import the system via the script editor.

Sometimes you may need to restart the client for the system to accept the changes. You do not need to OINSTALL unless I specify for you to (Sometimes I make changes to installation). Your DEFUPS, and KEEPUPS, should all be saved to your .config folder so you will not generally have to redo these unless I make a booboo.

New Users:

Once you've downloaded the super trendy cool looking .xml file that will most likely be attached to this e-mail/post/link, you will want to make sure you possess mudlet. Mudlet is a client. It will perform services for you. To receive said services, go to the following link:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mudlet/files/

And the latest version of mudlet that my system should function on is Mudlet-2.0-test4. Once you have downloaded this client. You shall first create a new profile, by clicking the "Connect" button. If you have trouble finding it, please consult your local mudlet manual. Once you have found it, click on it and create a profile.

Next, find the settings button on the main mudlet menu bar at the top, across from Connect. Click on it, click on the GENERAL tab at the top of the settings window, and find the "Enable GMCP" check box. Check it so that it is enabled. Click Save.

Secondly, find the Scripts tab, and the Editor should open up. From the editor find the IMPORT button on the top menu of this window. Locate the downloaded Omnipave v3.x file and import.

Once this is done, click on SAVE PROFILE in the editor. Close the editor, QQ, THEN CLOSE MUDLET. The purpose of this is great balls of fire as far as I know, but it makes things work that that is what is important.

Once this is done. Reload mudlet, open your profile and hopefully the Omnipave Folders still exist.

WARNING: Do not edit the Omnipave Folders unless you can keep track of your changes and know what you are doing. If you are making your own aliases/triggers/scripts CREATE YOUR OWN FOLDERS using the "add group" button. This will prevent many things going wrong, especially when it is UPDATE TIME. An important event that occurs on a freakishly regular basis.

The first thing you will want to do is use the OINSTALL alias. OINSTALL hard resets your main settings, and a menu should pop up explaining how to edit the various options here. The abilities in this menu (which can be brought up in future using OSHOW SETTINGS) are abilities that your character HAS, not what you want to use. Remember this lest spam happens.

Once these are set the second thing you want to look at is OSHOW HEALS. This will bring up a list of concoction cures. If you prefer to use the alchemical cures UNCHECK the boxes, otherwise check them for the concoction cures.

THIS SYSTEM WILL NOT FUNCTION CORRECTLY UNLESS YOU HAVE all the curatives listed. Otherwise it may spam you out if you get afflicted with something you have no resources to cure.

Excellent work. Now the third part is setting up your pipes. First, try RESET PIPES (MAKE SURE YOU DO THIS). When setting up your pipes, if you have PLIST you can use that, otherwise you use the config pipe command as follows:

config pipevalerian (id) (add a yes on the end if it's an artefact)
config pipeelm (id)
config pipeskullcap (id)
- will add a new pipe that can be used. Add yes on the end for artefacts or it will default to no if no parameter is passed to it. Example: config pipeskullcap pipe123456 yes or config pipeskullcap pipe123456. “oshow pipes” will give info on what you have set your pipes too.

Make sure you use the concoctions version of the cures when setting up. The system will automatically translate to alchemy cures depending on what you entered in OSHOW HEALS.

Now the final part is making sure you set your screenwidth appropriately. CONFIG SCREENWIDTH 0 is an achaean command which removes the line wrap sent by the MUD. My triggers only fire when the line wrap is removed!

The rest of the commands for the system can be found using the manual, also attached to the e-mail. Enjoy the system and have a fun achaean experience. Any questions can be e-mail directly to me or messaged to me in game. If you don't know who I am, I will be very afraid.
Attachments
Omnipave 3.0 beta 0.9.19.trigger.xml
System
(2.51 MiB) Downloaded 2467 times
Omnipave 3 Manual.docx
Manual
(22.37 KiB) Downloaded 3762 times
Omni API rough.txt
Rough API
(3.56 KiB) Downloaded 1929 times
Last edited by mishgul on Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:19 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Lezard

Re: Omnipave 3.0 Free Edition

Post by Lezard »

Sweet! Playing around with it now, it looks very nice :) +1 for this

Miralath

Post by Miralath »

"Once these are set the second thing you want to look at is OSHOW HEALS. This will bring up a list of concoction cures. If you prefer to use the alchemical cures UNCHECK the boxes, otherwise check them for the concoction cures."

I'm confused on one thing. How do you uncheck or check boxes? It keeps trying to use Mentality instead of Mana and I haven't been able to change that.

Very nice system so far though. Thank you for this.

Miralath

Post by Miralath »

I figured out how to change it to mana instead of mentality so that part is fixed.

lucky.eris

Post by lucky.eris »

Miralath wrote:How do you uncheck or check boxes?
Click the heal names.

Miralath

Post by Miralath »

Another person who contacted me in game about it found that out...we both laughed. Such a simple solution.

Miralath

Post by Miralath »

Heal settings or defs aren't saving when I quit. Is there a way to fix that?

mishgul

Post by mishgul »

OSAVE or try a new profile. Sometimes it fails to overwrite teh tables for some reason.

Crono

Post by Crono »

Is there a way to limit how much mana the system is using? Using clot till my mana is all gone now.

mishgul

Post by mishgul »

Will try to add this functionality in.