Shattered Isles mapper

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
Thandril

Shattered Isles mapper

Post by Thandril »

Update: Version 3
Important: Renamed package from 'Generic Mapper'. You'll want to delete/disabled the Generic Mapper Script folders if you installed this before
New features:
  • Added map verbose/quiet/run/norun
    Added support for run command my mud has. You want to disabled this with map norun if you don't have it.
    Gentle cleanup
This is a (much improved) version of the generic mapper script. I created it for the mud Shattered Isles. It's still a bit of a work-in-progress but I was asked to upload it. It can be used as a much better jumping-off point for those looking to make a mapper script.

If you want to modify it to work on your own mud you will need to modify (at least) two triggers:

Room Description
highlight exits

You'll probably also want to check out all the other triggers to see if you'll want to modify them

The following aliases have been set up:

deleteMap -- deletes area 1!
map (option)-- General command to enable/disable map features:
  • on/off - Turn following on/off
    lock/unlock - Block creation of new rooms/enable creation of new rooms
    verbose/quiet - Turn on/off diagnostic messages
    run/norun - Turn 'run' command on/off
    (no option) - display current state
newArea (area name) -- Create a new area named (area name). Areas are somewhat busted in mudlet currently so if you can stick with one you'll be better off
findRoom (room name) -- finds all rooms with matching name
setRoom (room ID number) -- set the mapper location to the specified room #
addNote (note) -- adds a note to the mapper at the current position

Unfortunately, I don't have an alias to start a speedwalk. Just double-click on the room you want to go to -or- use the lua function directly: gotoRoom(room id)

There are some user-defined events the mapper uses and generates:

autowalkDone -- Speed/auto-walk completed
characterUnloaded -- Character has logged out from mud (beginnings of multi-character support). Saves mapper data
characterLoaded -- Character logged in to mud. Loads saved mapper data

Feedback is welcomed. I will try to remember to update this as I add functionality!
Attachments
ImprovedGenMapper.mpackage
Mapper Version 3
(6.94 KiB) Downloaded 599 times

nordicmagpie

Re: Shattered Isles mapper

Post by nordicmagpie »

I'm pretty sure that they built it off of what you originally posted here, but someone posted a script for Mapper that includes the elements you've specified here, and added a few more tweaks and features. Only problem, sometimes after I've walked through a doorway that is not specified as an exit, it tracks me going there, but then fails to track me leaving that "room" and sets up a total duplicate map, just a few pixels away from the original. If someone figures out a way to fix this bug, I'm all ears.
This link will take you to the page with the file and explain what to do with it:
http://www.shatteredisles.com/forums/vi ... cript#p305