Vyzor, UI Manager for Mudlet

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
Akaya

Re: Vyzor, UI Manager for Mudlet [Beta?]

Post by Akaya »

Oneymus wrote:I'm in awe, Akaya. That's pretty amazing. We should definitely consider adding a Samples page to the Vyzor stuff on the wiki, if you'd be up for contributing. If there's a more appropriate place on the wiki, however, we should use that.
Was browsing through the wiki and noticed the "Vyzor Walkthrough" is blank. Sounds like a great place to start :)

icesteruk

Post by icesteruk »

yeah I did the same as looking at the alias makes no sense..

as do I put said alias in my system? or as scripts or triggers or what...

I'm a completely newb when it comes to Mudlet been on mud for years and years and that 'interferance' is just buttons done by a few clicks

Akaya

Post by Akaya »

Is it possible to remove/hide the scrollbar?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

By setting the right border into negatives, you can (or you can put a label/miniconsole over it).

Akaya

Post by Akaya »

Hmm... thought I tried that. Works though! Thank you!

setBorderRight(-15)

Akaya

Post by Akaya »

I don't know if this is a known issue, but here you go.

While messing around with the Vyzor.Chat() arguments, I found that if you set the tab location to the right or left, part of the text appended gets cut off.

Also, though I do love the look of the thick border on the left and right, I didn't place it there and not sure if its supposed to exist.

Oneymus

Post by Oneymus »

That most assuredly looks bug-like. I'll take a peek when I get home in a couple hours (probably 7 EST or so).

Akaya

Post by Akaya »

One thing that has always bugged me about Vyzor was that my user interface was limited to Vyzor's main border frames: Vyzor.Left, Vyzor.Right, Vyzor.Bottom and Vyzor.Top. But I found a solution!

While tinkering with trying to hide the scroll bar, I not only succeeded in doing so, but was able to place labels over the main console, *outside* Vyzor's main border frames without straying from the Vyzor API.

Here's a pic of not only the scrollbar gone (and stays gone after the Vyzor Resize Event ), but I have a semi-transparent frame over the entire screen giving it a very subtle red tint. There's also a frame placed right over the main window displaying: CRITICAL HIT.
View Full Size

Here's how it works! Rather simple really. In the example above, I created a frame that sits on the far edge of the Vyzor.Left border frame like so:
Code: [show] | [select all] lua
	MainScreen = Vyzor.Frame( "MainScreen", 1, 0, ScreenSize, 1 )
You'll notice that the x position is set to 1, which will push the frame all the way to the far right. I then have a local variable called ScreenSize that is set to getMainWindowSize(). This will make the frame stretch across the entire screen, main window included.

Oneymus

Post by Oneymus »

You should also be able to add Frames directly to Vyzor.HUD. The HUD is, itself, a Frame with one caveat: it doesn't draw to the screen. But all of its children will, such as the Border Frames.

Akaya

Post by Akaya »

This is how I interpreted that, but nothing happened:
Code: [show] | [select all] lua
--Create a sample Frame
Sample_Frame = Vyzor.Frame( "Sample_Frame", 0, 0, .25, .25 )
--Give a red background to the Frame
Sample_Frame:Add( Vyzor.Background( Vyzor.Brush( Vyzor.Color( Vyzor.ColorMode.Name, "red" ) ) ) )
--Add the Frame to Vyzor.HUD
Vyzor.HUD:Add( Sample_Frame )
--Draw it
Vyzor.HUD:Draw()