Vyzor, UI Manager for Mudlet

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
Akaya

Re: Vyzor, UI Manager for Mudlet [Beta?]

Post by Akaya »

Is there a workaround for frame:Show() to NOT show all its children?

Here's a small excerpt of a menu I have:
Code: [show] | [select all] lua
Menu = Vyzor.Frame("Menu")
Menu_Option1 = Vyzor.Frame("Option1", 0, 0, 1, .25)
Menu_Option2 = Vyzor.Frame("Option2", 0, .25, 1, .25)
Menu_Option3 = Vyzor.Frame("Option3", 0, .5, 1, .25)
Menu_Option4 = Vyzor.Frame("Option4", 0, .75, 1, .25)
Menu:Add( Menu_Option1 )
Menu:Add( Menu_Option2 )
Menu:Add( Menu_Option3 )
Menu:Add( Menu_Option4 )
Vyzor.Right:Add( Menu )
Vyzor.HUD:Draw()
So if I...
Code: [show] | [select all] lua
Menu_Option1:Hide()
Menu:Show()
...Menu_Option1 doesn't actually stay hidden.

Oneymus

Post by Oneymus »

Made a couple of small changes to Vyzor: VyzorLoadEvent is now raised on a timer, to defer execution until after Scripts have loaded (thanks Vadi!) and added a boolean argument to the Frame functions Hide() and Show(). If this is set to true, child Frames will not be hidden or shown.

As for the Hover/Font issue, I'm not sure what the cause is; I will try and find some time to investigate, but I don't believe it's anything on Vyzor's end (no stylesheet information is removed). There may be some quirk of Qt of which I am unaware.

Akaya

Post by Akaya »

How do I apply a background/border to an inactive tab when using Vyzor.Chat()?

The 8th argument is a table that contains stuff that all tabs share but it doesn't apply to inactive tabs.

If I include a background in this table, the background will be applied to every tab but only visible on the active tab. When this method is used, the inactive tabs have a bland grey color.

If I include a border in this table, the border will be applied to every tab and is visible on every tab. This has been the method I've been using but you see no difference between active and inactive tabs.

Oneymus

Post by Oneymus »

The Chat Compound has a Property InactiveBackground that lets you set the Components for the inactive tabs.

Proeliatora

Post by Proeliatora »

Is there looking to be more extensive examples and documentation for this in the near future or is that still not at the top of your to-do list? I'm loving the idea and after several days of reading I get the gist but I'm having a lot of trouble actually making things work as I don't understand the specifics of the logic and syntax.

I'm trying to decide whether to battle it out and ask a lot of really newbie questions or go with a different method.

-Kat

Oneymus

Post by Oneymus »

Unfortunately, the time I have available for projects like Vyzor is greatly diminished. So, while I still maintain it and fix bugs and add features as I can, it's unlikely I'll be able to devote any great amount of time to something like a new sample GUI.

That being said, Vyzor does come with a suite of aliases meant to demonstrate syntax and give examples of functionality. Also, Akaya has a number of amazing GUI's and widgets that could be used as samples.

As for documentation, the API is fully documented using NaturalDocs within Vyzor (see the alias "vyzor help"). And I never mind answering newbie questions; if it bothered me that much, I'd be more motivated to work on some real documentation.

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

You may want to check in the IRC channel, as well. I'm not super familiar with Vyzor, but I understand the concepts and I imagine with just a bit of time spent with Akaya's Gameboy (http://forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php? ... 781#p16781) I can pick it up well enough to help you get started.

Also, Akaya hangs out there some times, if he's not AFK he may be able to help you as well. I also know he's been doing screencasts, he made a post about it somewhere but I can't seem to find it at the moment.

Akaya

Post by Akaya »

Would it be or is it possible to have the radius of a border be a percent relative to it's parent?

I say this because I sometimes use the radius of a border to create a circle. Though its possible to capture the size of the parent frame (in pixels) and set the radius based on the info, it'd be great to set the radius as a percent of the parent frame.

Oneymus

Post by Oneymus »

I've tried to implement this in the past, and with the way the Frame/Component relationship works, it's not currently possible. A Component knows nothing about its container, and so it can't query for information such as size. This would also break the current paradigm of reusable Components, since the Border Component would then be tightly coupled with the Frame to which it was pointing.

I continue to consider options, and I would be happy to hear any suggestions on the matter.

Akaya

Post by Akaya »

I've noticed that borders are responsible for two separate functions. They can either be an actual border (I'll refer to this as an 'outline-border') around a Frame or they can serve as a way to stretch an image across a label (I'll refer to this as an 'image-border').

But what if I want both?

I have a Frame in which I'd like an image stretched to fit (so a Background won't work) AND I'd like it to have an outline-border around it with rounded edges.

In the past, I've gotten around this by creating another Frame within a Frame and each hold a Border component. But if I apply a radius to the 'outline-border', the corners of the image-border shine through. Comes out looking like so:
My suggestion would be to separate the two. So an outline-border and image-border would be two completely separate components. Not quite sure if this is possible but would be very ecstatic to see this implemented.