Vyzor, UI Manager for Mudlet

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
Azmodian

Re: Vyzor, UI Manager for Mudlet

Post by Azmodian »

Hello, I am a newbie to Mudlet been on ZMud for years. Anyways, I am trying to work on a UI for my mud a Star Wars Circle Mud. I am trying to install Vyzor on the Mudlet beta. After download, I go to package manager and select the file where it gets stuck on "unpacking please wait..."anyone able to help me with this?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Try re-downloading, sometimes that is a sign of a corrupted zip.

Azmodian

Post by Azmodian »

Is this Vyzor compatible with the latest beta version of Mudlet? I installed the older one and it was able to load Vyzor just fine so either its incompatible or I am missing an extra step.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Should be. What happens when it doesn't work?

Jim Vance

Post by Jim Vance »

I found the same issue (Vyzor not loading, hanging during unpacking). Using delta client, no prior use of Mudlet.

The .zip file was downloaded three times, all returned the same issue. Help?

Jim Vance

Post by Jim Vance »

The same issue exists for me (new Mudlet user, checking out Vyzor). Downloaded .zip file three times, could not get any of them to unpack.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

@Jim What is your operating system and platform - is it a (32-Bit) Windows one?

Jim Vance

Post by Jim Vance »

My apologies. I had tried to load it to the delta version, not 2.1. Stable release works great.

Operating from Windows 7, 64 bit.

Thank you for the help.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

Humm, I am aware that we don't (currently, I think) provide a 64-Bit Windows version - having recently updated to a another PC with those extra 32 bits (and three more processor cores :P ) when I'm not tinkering with things on a GNU/Linux OS I occasionally boot the 64-bit Windows 7 OS that came with the machine. The Free Qt build environments (that uses a mingw variant) that are provided by the Qt people directly are only available in the (pre-compiled) binary form as 32-bit versions (which can be run using the Microsoft WOW Windows-on-Windows subsystem - that is the things that puts 64-bit dlls in the system32 directory and 32-bit ones in the SysWOW64 one IIRC! :roll: ).

Now I've been putting together a 64-Bit Windows Build System to have a go at creating a 64-bit 'Doze version of Mudlet and I thought I had it all sorted - but I've come a cropper with the zziplib library which seems to be having problems with a type that is 32-bits in some places and 64-bits in others and is giving me warnings when I try to compile this library which we use to read (only, write access is not supported yet) a compressed (zip) file as a "filesystem". I wonder whether our builder for the Windows platform encountered anything like this and how they got around it - or whether it is irrelevant if we only do a 32-bit version...

That is weird, looking at it again I'm not sure I need zzlib, it gets a mention in the LIBS entry in the Qmake project file ./src/src/pro for Mac builds only and not anywhere else, on Linux I don't have libzzip or libzzip-dev installed but I'n building Mudlet just find without it; well, that is something to recheck...!

tarkenton

Post by tarkenton »

Any updates to Vyzor not working? Running Win 8, 64 bit, delta mudlet, tried downloading a few times and nada. Having read over the features, and how it does things, I'd definitely like to start building my UIs with it if I can get it working.