Vyzor, UI Manager for Mudlet

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
Oneymus

Re: Vyzor, UI Manager for Mudlet

Post by Oneymus »

Without seeing your entire script, I can't really speak to any remaining issues. As long as you have it working, though, I suppose you're good.

As for init_back: yes, that is the Gauge's background. No clue offhand why it wouldn't be drawing; does the error dialogue have anything?

Nioki

Post by Nioki »

Nothing on error dialog, clear nice and shiny. :/ All background and frames typed and added correctly, unless init_front and init_back are supposed to be created differently.

Here is the basic way I build them (same as before)
Code: [show] | [select all] lua

--Gauges Colors
			--HP
	NioSys["BrightRed"] = Vyzor.Color( Vyzor.ColorMode.Name, "OrangeRed" )
	NioSys["DarkRed"] = Vyzor.Color( Vyzor.ColorMode.Name, "a_darkred" )
	NioSys["BrightRedBG"] = Vyzor.Background( Vyzor.Brush( NioSys.BrightRed ))
	NioSys["DarkRedBG"] = Vyzor.Background( Vyzor.Brush( NioSys.DarkRed ))

--Hp Gauge
	NioSys["HpFront"] = Vyzor.Frame( "HpFront" )
	NioSys.HpFront:Add( NioSys.BrightRedBG )
	NioSys["HpBack"] = Vyzor.Frame( "HpBack" )
	NioSys.HpBack:Add( NioSys.DarkRedBG )
	NioSys["HpGauge"] = Vyzor.Gauge( "HpGauge", "NioSys.currentHP", "NioSys.totalHP", NioSys.HpBack, NioSys.HpFront )
	NioSys.HpFrame:Add( NioSys.HpGauge )

user

Post by user »

I have been playing around with mudlet and lua for a little while now, and am trying to make a nice UI using Vyzor. I have 2 questions:

1) When I use the test map alias, the entire "VyzorRight" where I put it goes grey, except for the chat window also present in that frame - is there a way to avoid this happening and keep a black background?

2) I would like to make a couple of modified classes for Vyzor, one of them is a miniconsole that takes another miniconsole as an argument, and echos all text echoed to it to the second miniconsole. I was wondering if this would be possible by inheriting the miniconsole class. If it is, how I would go about actually inheriting the miniconsole class into my derived class?

Thank you for any input!

Oneymus

Post by Oneymus »

I'm stuck using my phone, so I can't go into a lot of depth.

The gray box is usually a result of a missing image or malformed stylesheet. I've personally had problems with image formats like .jpeg on Windows, but I can't give you anything definitive. Check file paths and the like. If there's a bug in the alias, I can't help much at the moment, I'm afraid.

As for extending a Vyzor class, look at the Box and Chat classes, as that's exactly what they do. I called them Compounds to indicate their nature: combining Vyzor "primitives" to make more complex widgets.

If you're still having issues by the time I get my computer back on its feet, I'd be happy to look at code to get things worked out.

Oneymus

Post by Oneymus »

Very minor update to Github: as per SlySven, I modified the package.path logic to search Vyzor paths during loading. This may only be related to changes he's been making to Mudlet itself, but if anyone has experienced issues with potentially stale Vyzor files (if you put them in one of the default paths in package.path, for example), this should hopefully resolve that.

Also, if anyone has anything on their wish list, now is the time to tell me. I'm feeling inspired, and some feedback would help fuel those smoldering ashes.

Oneymus

Post by Oneymus »

Made some major updates to Vyzor. These should be almost entirely invisible, as I made a special effort to respect the general Mudlet principle of preserving backwards compatibility.

The short of it: I refactored a bunch of stuff, switched out NaturalDocs for LDoc, and moved the API documentation to a GitHub page.

This was largely a refresher project for me. My skills as a programmer have increased dramatically since I wrote Vyzor. While I couldn't update Vyzor to the quality I would demand out of a new project, I have made it a little cleaner and little saner. This will likely be the last time I do any heavy work on Vyzor, as there is little more I would want to do to it without completely gutting it and breaking scripts all over the place.

I switched out the documentation for a couple reasons. NaturalDocs is a heavy thing, meant for multiple languages. While I think the HTML output looks nicer than raw LuaDoc HTML, LuaDoc (and the LDoc variant I used) is more Lua friendly. It makes the documentation cleaner, and reduced a lot of the noise generated by the verbose NaturalDocs comments.

In addition to this, I removed all internal documentation. The documentation as you will find it now is only for the public API. Hopefully, this reduces a lot of noise and makes it easier to pick up Vyzor.

Further, I wanted to pull the documentation out of the mpackage. It increased the size of the zip unnecessarily. By moving it to a GitHub page, it's easier to access and maintain, as distributing it doesn't require repackaging all of Vyzor.

Hopefully, for those of you still using Vyzor, this change won't affect anything. For those of you considering Vyzor, hopefully the easier to find and use documentation will help you make your decision.

As always, send me feedback!

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

Here's my feedback: It's always nice to see someone you helped in the past completely blow past you ;)

Oneymus

Post by Oneymus »

demonnic wrote:Here's my feedback: It's always nice to see someone you helped in the past completely blow past you ;)
LoL You were a valuable resource, old man, but the student is now the master! :twisted:

Definitely just joking. I remember many a conversation you and I had in the IRC, and count those valuable experiences among those that have shaped me as a programmer.

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

I'll accept your baseless flattery good sir :)

Really is a big thrill for me to watch people grow as scripters and developers though, and mudlet is good for that

Oneymus

Post by Oneymus »

Updated the Vyzor repo (-> v3.03.02) to fix a bug (thanks, valaria!).

Also, for anyone interested in the versioning scheme I have chosen: Semantic Versioning.