Vyzor, UI Manager for Mudlet

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
Vadi

Re: Vyzor, UI Manager for Mudlet [Beta?]

Post by Vadi »

The images actually worked for me. Are you sure the package you installed on your computer was named SampleGui? Download managers can be an issue here - they'd rename the file, people install it and thus the package name is different (ie "blah blah (3)").

Thanks for the sample!

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I think something is on top of the mapper widget, which makes it be unclickable.

Oneymus

Post by Oneymus »

Hrm... Nothing should be drawn on top of it in the Sample. There are a couple of labels drawn under it, and two mini consoles drawn at the same level, but not overlapping. I was able to click on it in a quick test, but that doesn't rule out the possibility of an inconsistent problem.

Also, yeah, the package is definitely named correctly. I looked at it from every angle I could; no download manager, since it was an .mpackage from my HDD. I'm not too concerned about it working on my machine; if it works on others', then that's good.

Hopefully the sample helps; Vyzor is pretty big, admittedly, and without good end-user documentation can be a bit difficult to navigate. I know I often had to look up object definitions as I was working with it.

kevutian

Post by kevutian »

Quick question, if I may. I really took a proper look at this earlier. Loving it immensely, although I need to know, as there are several ways this could be accomplished, obviously: What is the recommended way for one to set font sizes.
I see in your sample GUI that the different windows have different sized text. Is the size assigned dynamically?

Basically, I am just looking to increase the size on the chat window.

Thanks.

Oneymus

Post by Oneymus »

For MiniConsoles, if you set WordWrap, the FontSize is adjusted dynamically to fit. You can set a static FontSize (and static WordWrap if you want) in the constructor. Only one of those properties may be dynamic, however.
Code: [show] | [select all] lua
console = MiniConsole( name, x, y, width, height, word_wrap, font_size )
In the sample, the chat console is set to a static 60 word wrap, with dynamic font size.
Last edited by Oneymus on Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kevutian

Post by kevutian »

Ahh. I should read closer. Thanks for that. I was explicitly specifying the size, heh.

Oneymus

Post by Oneymus »

An alternative method is to adjust the property post-creation, but the constructor method is easier.
Code: [show] | [select all] lua
console = MiniConsole("name")
console.FontSize = 10
Also, forgot to add name to the list of MiniConsole()'s arguments. Fixed.

keneanung
Site Admin
Discord: keneanung#2803

Post by keneanung »

First of all... I really like your afford.

You the gauges seem to have a bug though: If you have above 100% of the stat, the gauge does not show correctly.

Oneymus

Post by Oneymus »

I guess I hadn't considered that possibility. Is it normal for a stat to go over its maximum? Is there enough of a need for this that I should develop a workaround?

And how would this look? Should the foreground just exceed the background? Should I automatically and temporarily increase the maximum so it fits? I'd need to know under what conditions stats exceed maximum.

I'm open to suggestions for how to handle this; it seems like something beyond the scope of any kind of gauge handler (i.e., should be handled by personal scripts), but I'm open-minded.

keneanung
Site Admin
Discord: keneanung#2803

Post by keneanung »

There are some classes (in Achaea) that can make it happen quite easily. For example monks, who use "split mind" which reduces the total mana. Or I think necromanters can raise their health above the limit.

Geyser gradient gauges handle this by pushing the color change towards maximum. But I'm usually not the visual type, so I can't tell what would work best.

On another note: how would I add some clickable components to my gui?