Vyzor, UI Manager for Mudlet

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
chris

Re: Vyzor, UI Manager for Mudlet [Beta?]

Post by chris »

Daagar, you can use priorities to make vyzor load first to ensure it's compiled first. Priorities are 'load order' so a lower priority # means it loads before those modules with a higher #.

In regards to:
There is a function called resetProfile(). I've never had success with it, but it's supposed to remove all labels.
I'm going to see if there's a reason for this, that sounds buggy.

chris

Post by chris »

For your help, I could also rewrite my module help manager to be a general openWebPage(path) method, which would allow for at least 2 things that I like:
1) View weblinks in a QWebView without ever leaving mudlet
2) Viewing any sort of help system -- this would let packages tie into the viewer as well

I'll get working on this :)

chris

Post by chris »

I put it in, openWebPage(path) will pull a webview with the content. You can also hav epath be the html you want to render.

If you're on my repo you can test it out.

Oneymus

Post by Oneymus »

Just threw Vyzor up on Github. Have at it!

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Great! Now uh we need to integrate it with https://github.com/Beliaar/mudlet-lua/commits/master . The best solution would be to somehow add Vyzors code in while keeping the history and the relationship, but I'm not well enough versed in git for that. What might be feasible instead is adding Vyzor in like Geyser was, and you'd just be making changes in your own relevant folders of the overall thing.

There's also http://progit.org/book/ch6-7.html though.

Oneymus

Post by Oneymus »

Vadi wrote:There's also http://progit.org/book/ch6-7.html though.
I was wondering about that very thing. I'll look into it, and see if I can figure it out. But given that I'm a complete Git n00b, it may not be pretty.

Addendum: Can't I just symlink my Vyzor stuff into mudlet-lua locally, and push it as a fork? Or is that not ideal?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

That'd require you committing twice each time... If you don't mind it, that might fly.

chris

Post by chris »

I don't think you can symlink with git. All you end up with is a file pointing to your local directory. However i would love to be proved wrong.

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

Oneymus wrote:
Vadi wrote:There's also http://progit.org/book/ch6-7.html though.
I was wondering about that very thing. I'll look into it, and see if I can figure it out. But given that I'm a complete Git n00b, it may not be pretty.

Addendum: Can't I just symlink my Vyzor stuff into mudlet-lua locally, and push it as a fork? Or is that not ideal?
Are we maintaining Vyzor in two places for a reason? Why not just fork mudlet-lua, put your vyzor stuff in, and give a pull request? If at some other point you decide you want to maintain Vyzor in another location, you can always take the code from your mudlet-lua fork and shove that into a new repository.

Though the sub-tree thing is a neat solution. I've used sub-modules before, and they're kind of frustrating. I'll have to look into this.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Yeah I'm more inclined to keep Vyzor as the filesystem-wise subcomponent of mudlet-lua as well. Makes it easier.